MINUTES OF RUAN LANIHORNE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Thursday, 28th April 2011, at The Reading Rooms, Ruan Lanihorne.
Councillors Carol Hughes(CCH),Giles(CDG), Wasley(CPW) , Conbeer(CJC), David Hughes (CDH), Watson (CHW), 1 Parishioner
OPEN FORUM FOR PARISHIONERS
APOLOGIESCouncillor S Paull
DECLARATION OF INTEREST
1. Declaration of Interest in accordance with the agenda – none
Declaration of gifts over £25.00 – none.
The minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, 17th March 2011 had previously been received by each Councillor. It was unanimously agreed they were a true record of the meeting. They were signed.
There were none.
All correspondence is listed on the agenda. The following were highlighted:
1. Waste Briefing Note
2. Local Council seminar and workshop programme 2011/2012
Cornwall Council list of planning applications
Cornwall Council has advised that the application for The Millers Cottage has been granted permission.
ACCOUNTS AND FINANCE.
Balances in the Council’s accounts at the beginning of April were Current £445.35; Money Manager £558.12; Millenium £0.03; Reading Room £2074.03. A cheque for £462.66 has been received from the Reading Room Committee to cover the purchase of tables. The council resolved to close the money manager and millenium accounts and transfer the balances to the current account. The council asked the Finance sub committee to investigate the possibility of a savings account.
Cheques for signing:
Cheque no. 100575 ( South West Water -£8.37 – Water )
Cheque no. 100576 ( Gopack – £462.66 – Tables)
Cheque no. 100577 ( CALC – £122.21)
Cheque no. 100578 ( EDF – £50 – Electricity)
CPW proposed and CDH seconded payment of the above cheques and they were duly signed by CPW, CDH and CCH
3. The internal auditor, Mr M Hill, presented his year end audit with no serious findings
4. The council resolved to approve the year end accounts and they were signed by the Finance sub committee.
5. Notice of renewal of insurance at a premium of £697.66 has been received. The council resolved to accept this.
6. An offer of a grant has been received for footpath maintenance. The council resolved to accept this offer and to appoint Steve Paull as the maintenance contractor. The clerk will check if there is any restriction on the Council placing the contract with a councillor.
7. The council resolved to approve the Audit Commission annual return for the year ended 31 March 2011 and the return was signed by CCH. The council resolved to display the ‘Notice of Appointment of Date for the Exercise of Electors’ Rights’ on the 3 parish notice boards.
HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS
Highway Repairs – The clerk advised the council of Highway’s response to the request to repair Ruan hill and black gate pot holes. The council resolved to bring the following pot holes to the attention of Highways:
Barn Farm – 70m on the Tregony side
From the Chapel to Ruan High Lanes
Entrance to Trelonk
CDG will obtain more quotes for wooden footpath signs.
HEALTH, SAFETY &ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES
Ruan High Lanes and Treworga notice boards require painting. CHW/CSP will action.
The quarterly checklists have been completed with the following findings:
Damp to be monitored on Reading Room chimney breast
Quay front face grass to be removed – CDH
REPORTS FROM MEETINGS ATTENDED BY COUNCILLORS – None
REPORT re: THE READING ROOM
The teas and cakes weekend raised £94. A quotation has been obtained for replacement tables and the purchase price has been forwarded to the Parish Council. The AGM will be held on 3rd May. The room is booked for the election on 5th May and by the Old Cornwall Society on 11th May. CSP was nominated as representative for the Reading Room Committee.
The council resolved to hold this year’s meeting on 26th May. In addition to the standard agenda items, Highway Repairs, Community Bus, Neighbourhood plan, Footpath signs and Bird Hide have been included. CCH will advertise the meeting.
CORNWALL CORE STRATEGY
The council discussed the relevant part of the consultation but resolved not to provide input as the deadline had passed. CDG felt the council should provide input on these consultations.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
Future meetings will be held at 7.30pm until further notice
The May meeting will be the AGM
There being no other business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.45p.m.