December 2011

MINUTES OF RUAN LANIHORNE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Thursday 15th December 2011 at 7.30pm in The Reading Room, Ruan Lanihorne

11/021 Present
Councillors Steve Paull (Chairman), Pat Farr, David Giles, Rob Larter, Peter Wasley, Harris Watson.
3 members of the public

11/022 Open Forum
None

11/023 Apologies
Cllr John Conbeer

11/024 Declaration of Interest
There were no declarations of either personal or prejudicial interest

11/025 Previous Minutes
The minutes of the Parish Council meeting held Thursday 17th November 2011 had been previously distributed to the Councillors. They were accepted as a true record of the meeting.

11/026 Matters Arising
Following the visit of Natural England, re the SSSI border, a revised map will be provided in due course. Otherwise, there was no further action required.

11/027 Correspondence
Cllr Paull read out various items of correspondence received since the previous Parish Council meeting, including grant requests from Air Ambulance and Victim Support. No further action was taken.

11/028 Planning
None.

11/029 Accounts and Finance
As the Council does not have a Parish Clerk/RFO, it was not possible to confirm the current status of the account.

Further discussions took place to discuss the Precept application. Cllr Giles was invited to present his ideas that would keep the precept figure the same, however, this would mean that the reserves would be quickly utilised. Cllr Larter was then given the opportunity to present further his ideas that would maintain the reserves, however, the precept would increase considerably. After much discussion it was agreed that the precept figure would be raised to £3,825. In the absence of a Parish Clerk/RFO Cllr Paull completed the application and forwarded to Cornwall Council.

11/030 Highways and Footpaths
The Highway Service confirmed that they do not have an interest in the Bus Shelter at Ruan High Lanes and happy for the Parish Council to take ownership. It was therefore agreed that the Parish Council now own a Bus Shelter.

Cllr Harris asked whether we could now put pressure on the highways to start work on the Treworga roads. It was agreed that we should continue in our efforts.

11/031 Health, Safety and Environmental Issues
The quarterly Health and Safety checklists are still outstanding. Cllr Paull advised that he would endeavour to complete them by the end of the year. Cllr Harris offered to help to ensure that this could be done.

11/032 Reports From Meetings/Training Attended by Councillors
No meetings were attended.

11/033 Report from the Reading Room Committee
Minutes of the meeting held Friday 18th November 2011 had been previously distributed to the Councillors.

The Reading Room committee have agreed to cover all costs regarding the maintenance of the Reading Room including utilities and rates. The Parish Council would cover the cost of the insurance.

With regards to the repair/replacement of the floor the Parish Council would be happy for the work to be done, however, it was proposed by Cllr Giles and seconded by Cllr Harris that no work was to be started until the plans and potential costs were submitted to the Parish Council for approval.

The Reading Room committee was meeting again on the 18th December 2011.

11/034 Clerk Vacancy
There were 3 people interested enough to contact Cllr Paull for further information.

Resolution to commence a closed session re – The Terms and Conditions for the New Parish Clerk
Under Section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, it was RESOLVED that due to the confidential nature of the business to be discussed, the public and press be excluded from the meeting for the next part of agenda item 11/034. This is to follow after this meeting.

11/035 Diamond Jubilee
Letter received from Mrs Mary Giles suggesting that we plant a number of trees in an area behind the Ruan Lanihorne village sign as you enter from Tregony. The idea is to plant a small range of different trees to commemorate the occasion. The Parish Council was happy for Mary to find out more and come back to the Parish council with a full proposal.

11/036 Future Agenda Items
Revision of Standing Orders
Start time and frequency of future meetings

The meeting closed to enable the Closed Session to start

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*