PARISH OF GERRANS
NOTICE OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
THE MEMORIAL HALL ANNEXE
TUESDAY 5th April 2016 at 7.30pm
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purpose of considering and resolving upon the business as set out in the agenda.
Residents of the Parish are invited to attend and listen to proceedings. This is a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.
Steven Skull (Clerk) Dated this 30th March 2016
- Chairman’s statement in respect of The Openness of Local Government Bodies
- Apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interests in items on the agenda
- Disclosable pecuniary interests
- Non registerable interests
- Gifts to the value of more than £25.00
– to consider requests for dispensations on items on the agenda.
- Public participation
- Members of the public may address Councillors on any item for a maximum of
15 minutes and for no longer than 5 minutes per person.
- Consider, and, if approved, confirm the draft minutes of the meeting held on 1st March 2016.
- Review of the minutes of the previous meeting – items for report / discussion.
– suggestions for sites for introduction of wild flowers
– suggestions for marking the 90th birthday of HM Queen
- Correspondence received
– Request from residents of North Parade for the Council to reconsider its decision
not to permit the positioning of a sign at the Junction with River Street.
- Planning Matters
– Applications : 1. PA16/01877 – 3, Treventon Road, Portscatho
- PA16/01867 – Pendennis, New Road, Portscatho
- PA16/01329 – Trewince Manor, Gerrans
- To discuss the reporting role of the RNDP Planning Assessment Group
– Appeals : 1. Re. PA15/04240 – Chapel House, Well Lane, Gerrans
- To consider an online petition to allow appeals to the Planning
Inspectorate in respect of decisions to approve applications.
– Decisions and enforcement matters
– Local Devolution Fund – update on Fishermen’s Shelter bid
– Other localism issues, if any.
- Committee Representative Reports
- Parish Car Parking
– To consider suggestions to begin compiling a new Traffic Regulation Order
– To consider any latest offer from Cornwall Council in respect of New Road car park.
– To consider a quote to renew the double yellow lines at Porthcurnick
- Noise nuisance
– To consider the problem of excessive noise from late night parties in Portscatho
- Annual Internal Audit
– To consider approval of the Annual Governance Statement 2015/2016 pre-audit.
- Changes to Precedent
– To consider whether to amend the Standing Orders to limit the number of successive years
a Chairman of the Council may hold office, or to continue with annual free elections.
- Financial Matters.
– Clerk’s report on status to budget of proposed payments for authorisation.
– To review and approve accounts for payment and bank reconciliation.
– To review the rates of pay for the street cleaning, grass cutting and bins contracts
- Other Parish Matters
– Any urgent business, agenda items for next meeting, minor matters for report
Please note that any available plans for consideration under item 8 will be available for examination by the public from 7.15 pm.
Gerrans Parish Council,
2 North Parade, Portscatho, Truro TR2 5HH
Telephone 01872 580085