PARISH OF GERRANS
NOTICE OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
THE MEMORIAL HALL ANNEXE
TUESDAY 2nd February 2016 at 7.30pm
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purpose of considering and resolving upon the business as set out in the agenda.
Residents of the Parish are invited to attend and listen to proceedings. This is a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.
Steven Skull (Clerk) Dated this 27th January 2016
- Chairman’s statement in respect of The Openness of Local Government Bodies
- Apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interests in items on the agenda
- Disclosable pecuniary interests
- Non registerable interests
- Gifts to the value of more than £25.00
– to consider requests for dispensations on items on the agenda.
- Public participation
- Members of the public may address Councillors on any item for a maximum of
15 minutes and for no longer than 5 minutes per person.
- Consider, and if approved, confirm the draft minutes of the meeting held on 5th
- Review of the minutes of the previous meeting – items for report / discussion.
- Correspondence received
– Invitation from the “Wild Roseland” group to be involved in its wild flower project
– Any other correspondence
- Planning Matters
– Applications : 1. PA16/00225 – Highview, 40, Churchtown Road, Gerrans
- PA16/00548 – 7, Wellington Terrace, Portscatho
- PA16/00717 – Pendennis, New Road, Portscatho
– Decisions and enforcement matters
– Update on Community Assets listing
– Local Devolution Fund – to discuss possible projects which might qualify for funds
– To consider renewal of the lease of the children’s play area adjacent to Gerrans school
– Other localism issues, if any.
- Committee Representative Reports
- Church Close
– Update as to status of lease on extra parcel of land
– To consider a tender for the ongoing grass maintenance contract.
- Parish Car Parks
– To review the current position in negotiations with Cornwall Council on the potential
devolution of freeholds, or change of lease terms, in respect of Treloan Lane and
New Road car parks.
- Portscatho Public Conveniences
– Update on lease status
- Street Lighting
– Update on the potential provision of lighting on the path between Churchtown Road and
- Financial Matters.
– Clerk’s report on status to budget of proposed payments for authorisation.
– To review and approve accounts for payment and bank reconciliation.
– To receive a report from the Finance Committee and to review and, if approved,
confirm the budget for the financial year ending 31st March 2017.
- Other Parish Matters
– Any urgent business.
– Agenda items for next meeting.
– Minor matters for report
Please note that any available plans for consideration under item 8 will be available for examination by the public from 7.15 pm.
Gerrans Parish Council,
2 North Parade, Portscatho, Truro TR2 5HH
Telephone 01872 580085