PARISH OF GERRANS
NOTICE OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
THE MEMORIAL HALL ANNEXE
TUESDAY 1st NOVEMBER 2016 at 7.30pm
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purpose of considering and resolving upon the business as set out in the agenda.
Residents of the Parish are invited to attend and listen to proceedings. This is a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.
Steven Skull (Clerk) Dated this 26th October 2016
Chairman’s statement in respect of The Openness of Local Government Bodies
Apologies for absence.
Declarations of interests in items on the agenda
Disclosable pecuniary interests
Non registerable interests
Gifts to the value of more than £25.00
– to consider requests for dispensations on items on the agenda.
– Members of the public may address Councillors on any item for a maximum of 15 minutes and for no longer than 5 minutes per person.
Consider, and, if approved, confirm the draft minutes of the meeting held on 4th October 2016.
Review of the minutes of the previous meeting – items for report / discussion.
1. Invitation from Kernow Matters To You to comment on proposals by the Boundaries Commission to establish a cross-border constituency (“Devonwall”)
2. Invitation from CALC to comment upon proposals to extend Council Tax referendum principles to Parish councils.Correspondence received (continued)
Any other correspondence
– Applications :
PA16/08661 re The Cornish Heritage Farm, Trewithian
PA16/09980 re Florence Cottage, 11 Wellington Terrace
– Decisions and enforcement matters
– Update on new bid for devolution project funding at Gerrans playground.
– Community Assets – update
– Other localism issues, if any.
Committee Representative Reports
Parish Car Parking
– Update on parking enforcement
– Update on permissions for intended installations
Plume of Feathers Public House
-To consider any further correspondence received from St Austell Brewery.
Raised Pavement at Gerrans Bus Stop
-To consider safety aspects in the light of further recent accidents
– Clerk’s report on status to budget of proposed payments for authorisation.
– To review and approve accounts for payment and bank reconciliation.
Other Parish Matters
– Any urgent business, agenda items for next meeting, minor matters for report
Please note that any available plans for consideration under item 8 will be available
for examination by the public from 7.15 pm.
Gerrans Parish Council,
2 North Parade, Portscatho, Truro TR2 5HH
Telephone 01872 580085