January 2011

MINUTES OF RUAN LANIHORNE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Thursday, 20th January 2011, at The Reading Rooms, Ruan Lanihorne.

PRESENT
Councillors Carol Hughes(CCH), Paull(CSP),Giles(CDG), Wasley(CPW) , David Hughes (CDH), Watson (CHW), Conbeer(CJC) and 1 parishioner
OPEN FORUM FOR PARISHIONERS
Mr D Lucey informed the council that he had offered the allocation of 2 flats in the Old Coal Yard development as affordable housing to Cornwall Council in December and that 100% affordable housing was not viable.
Mrs C Hughes objected to 100% affordable housing and believed this was the feeling of the parishioners.
APOLOGIES
County Councillor J German
DECLARATION OF INTEREST
1. Declaration of Interest in accordance with the agenda – CDH and CCH expressed an interest in the Old Coal Yard development
Declaration of gifts over £25.00 – none.
MINUTES
The minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, 16th December 2010 had previously been received by each Councillor. It was unanimously agreed they were a true record of the meeting. They were signed.
MATTERS ARISING
There were none.
CORRESPONDENCE
All correspondence is listed on the agenda. The council resolved to consult with neighbouring parishes about the ‘Poppy Party’ initiative.
PLANNING.
Cornwall Council list of planning applications
Cornwall Council advised that permission had been granted for Valvean and Trethella Farm applications
The council resolved to advise Cornwall Council that their position on affordable accommodation for the Old Coal Yard development is not acceptable and that the no. of affordable accommodation units should be no more than 2. This resolution was based on the following factors:
The best interests of the Parish.
There are only 2 applicants for affordable housing having a preference for living in the Parish.
It is not acceptable to cascade out to the adjoining parishes to fill the units.
ACCOUNTS AND FINANCE.
Balances in the Council’s accounts at the beginning of January were Current £832.06; Money Manager £558.02; Millenium £0.03; Reading Room £2257.13.
Receipts and payments are consistent with the forecast. A payment of £9.96 has been received from the Reading Room sub committee for the recent water bill.
Cheques for signing:
Cheque no. 100569 ( M Grigg – £148.20- Spreader)
CDH proposed and CPW seconded payment of the above cheque and was duly signed by CDH, CPW and CSP
The council completed the annual review of the effectiveness of internal audit and found it to be acceptable. This was signed by the Finance sub committee
.HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS
Highway Repairs – Highways have repaired the pot hole near Trethewey.
The following were identified for repair:
Pot hole Near Barn Farm on the Ruan to Tregony road
2 pot holes opposite the church sign in Ruan Lanihorne
Road opposite Trethella cottage is giving way
8 pot holes between the converted chapel and Ruan High Lanes on the Ruan to Ruan High Lanes road
Road through Treworga
Road between Treworga and Trelonk
The clerk will advise Highways
Highway clearance – CDG will purchase a spreader
HEALTH, SAFETY &ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES
A ‘No litter please’ sign has been placed at Sett bridge.
The 4th Qtr. Maintenance checklists have been completed with the following findings:
Ruan High Lanes and Treworga notice boards require painting. CHW will action.
REPORTS FROM MEETINGS ATTENDED BY COUNCILLORS
None
REPORT re: THE READING ROOM
A meeting was held on 18th January. It is proposed to investigate sourcing light weight folding tables and a microwave. Events for this year are being planned.
RISK ASSESSMENT
The council reviewed the following actions from the quarterly maintenance checklists and annual risk assessments:
Village Well – Some minor stone and mortar work – Complete
Reading room electrical equipment to be PAT tested.- CDH to arrange
Reading room disabled entrance/exit has been reviewed by the reading room sub committee.
The council completed the annual financial risk assessment, which was signed as acceptable by the Finance sub committee.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The council resolved not to pursue the development of a Parish Plan at the current time but to wait until more is known about the Neighbourhood Plan required under the Localism Bill. CDG suggested this could be a subject for the annual open meeting.

There being no other business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.25p.m.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*