June 2011

MINUTES OF RUAN LANIHORNE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Thursday, 23rd June 2011, at The Reading Rooms, Ruan Lanihorne.

PRESENT
Councillors Carol Hughes(CCH), Paull(CSP), Giles(CDG), Wasley(CPW) , Conbeer(CJC), David Hughes (CDH), Watson (CHW and 4 Parishioners
OPEN FORUM FOR PARISHIONERS
CSP noted that a parishioner had advised him about the recent camping by the quay.
Mr D Hall noted that there had been no further progress on the bird hide.
CDH advised the council that after the quay lifebuoy went missing it is now being held by himself
APOLOGIESNone
DECLARATION OF INTEREST
1. Declaration of Interest in accordance with the agenda – none
Declaration of gifts over £25.00 – none.
MINUTES
The minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, 19th May 2011 had previously been received by each Councillor. It was unanimously agreed they were a true record of the meeting. They were signed.
MATTERS ARISING
There were none.
CORRESPONDENCE
All correspondence is listed on the agenda.
PLANNING.
Cornwall Council list of planning applications
The council resolved not to make any representations on the plans for Treburthes Barn
ACCOUNTS AND FINANCE.
Balances in the Council’s accounts at the beginning of June were Current £1358.70; Reading Room £1785.09.
Cheques for signing:
Cheque no. 100580 (J Clelland – £84.08 – Clerk Expenses)
CDH proposed and CPW seconded payment of the above cheque and it was duly signed by CDH, CPW, and CSP.
The council resolved to accept the forecast drafted by the Finance sub committee.
It was noted that the cost of the footpaths contract needs to be reviewed for next year’s budget.
HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS
Highway Repairs – The council resolved for CSP to request a site meeting with Highways.
CSP has established that J Newey is interested in installing wooden signs on his land.
The council resolved not to pursue other replacements at the moment.
HEALTH, SAFETY &ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES
Ruan High Lanes notice board requires painting. CSP is progressing
Quay front face grass to be removed – Complete
The Treworga telephone box needs to be added to the checklists – Complete
2nd Quarter checklists are due for completion by the end of June.
Pond Restoration – CDH noted that the pond was in a dangerous condition due to its depth and mud accumulation. The council resolved to hold a meeting with the appropriate authorities, the parish council and interested parishioners. CSP will arrange.
REPORTS FROM MEETINGS ATTENDED BY COUNCILLORS
None
REPORT re: THE READING ROOM
Preparations for the village fete are in hand and the next meeting will be on June 29th.

OPEN MEETING
The minutes have been posted on the notice board and no further comments have been received. The minutes were signed as correct. Follow up actions were:
Parish plan – The council resolved to prepare a Parish Plan and further resolved for CCH, with Mr Larter and Mrs Rigley, to prepare a questionnaire for approval by the council.
Bird Hide – CSP will contact interested parties with a view to organising a meeting
Community Grants – The council resolved to pay grants to the PCC (£250) and to the community bus (£100). CDG expressed thanks on behalf of the community bus.

FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS

There being no other business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.15p.m.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*