MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday 16 June 2016, starting at 7pm.
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- To receive the Police Report.
- Presentation by the Live Advent Committee of their plans for a community event in the run up to Christmas.
- Presentation by Mr John Brewster regarding the agreed work programme at the War Memorial.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting held on 19 May 2016.
- To accept the minutes of the AGM held on 19 May 2016.
- To accept the minutes of the ordinary meeting held on 19 May 2016.
- To receive updates on actions from previous meeting(s).
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To receive Correspondence.
- To consider Planning and Licensing Applications.
13a. PA16/03842 : Remedial works to external kitchen wall and associated party walls.
9 Polkirt Hill Mevagissey PL26 6UR
13b. PA16/03468 : Decking is to be installed in the rear garden area spanning a dangerous slope from ground level to above 30 cm (approximately 90 cm at highest point). This is to be done for the length of the garden starting at the rear of the house. 15 Roberts Close Mevagissey PL26 6DX
13c. PA16/03588 : Proposed deck from existing garden level over an unusable, sloping portion of our garden.
39 Lavorrick Orchards Mevagissey PL26 6TL
13d. PA16/04589 : Proposed change of use into studio flat. The Flat At Fraziers Way East Wharf Mevagissey PL26 6QQ
13e. PA16/05197 : Works to Sycamore tree. 121 Portmellon Park Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6XD
13f. PA16/01534/PREAPP : To install solar panels on the front and rear of the property.
Stone’s Throw Cottage 5 Polkirt Hill Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6UR
13g. The following planning application decisions have been received (included for information only):
PA15/07833 : Construction of 1 dwelling and 5 flats. Land NE of Ava House WITHDRAWN
PA16/02249 : New dwelling. Land Between Highfield And Ashlands Tregoney Hill. APPROVED
PA16/02658 : Retaining wall to land between Prospect Terrace and 69 Church Street. APPROVED
PA16/03670 : Slate hanging to upper floors. The Flat 5 Market Square. APPROVED
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||647.17|
|HMRC (Income Tax & NIC)||£||207.87|
|Weed spraying (first spray)||£||360.00|
|Valley Road PC water charge 04/05/16-31/05/16||£||1,176.62|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||42,407.30|
|Expenditure last month||£||2,970.66|
|2015/16 VAT refund||£||2,938.25||received|
|Ward member’s contribution to War Memorial upgrade||£||300.00||received|
|CC Community Emergency Fund Grant (for Flood Plan)||£||500.00||received|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||43,174.89|
|Available to spend||£||43,174.89|
|Bank Statements (01/06/2016):|
- To receive an update on the Neighbourhood Development Plan.
- To receive an update from the Affordable Homes Working Group.
- To review issues arising from the operation of Valley Road PC.
- To receive an update on proposed improvements to public rescue equipment at Portmellon.
- To receive an update following the Planning Enforcement Officer’s visit regarding ‘untidy sites’.
- To consider quotes received for renovation or replacement of seats on Chapel Point Lane.
- To consider request for support from the Live Advent Committee.
- To consider delegation of power to the Clerk for authorisation of urgent repairs to assets – Cllr. Roberts.
- To receive an update on South West Water’s timescales for curing the flooding by the electricity sub-station.
- To consider participation in the Centenary Fields Programme.
- To consider the suggested decorative finish for the replacement dwelling at 59 Polkirt Hill.
- To consider a response to Cornwall Council’s ‘One Public Transport System’ consultation.
- To review criteria for membership of working parties – Cllr. Facey.
- To consider suggestions for the ‘unveiling’ of the new south face of the War Memorial.
- Date of next meeting: 21 July 2016.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.