MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday, 15 June 2017, starting at 7pm.
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- To receive the Police Report.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the ordinary meeting held on 18 May 2017.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To receive Correspondence.
- To consider Planning and Licensing Applications.
9a. PA17/03739 : The imminent need to permanently protect first floor rendered external wall of existing dwelling.
12 Pentillie Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6QX
9b. PA17/04546 : Loft conversion to bedroom incorporating dormer windows and replacement lean-to at ground floor level Garden restructuring including new steps position. Seafarers Watch 4 Coastguard Station Mall Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6QP
9c. PA17/04806 : Refurbishment of domestic property to include new windows/doors, new roof, re-design of dormer and sun room. Penfose Tregoney Hill Mevagissey PL26 6RF
9d. PA17/05196 : Retrospective application for Replacement of two rotten sash windows, and one front door with new double glazed units, like for like in terms of number of panes and style. 2 Sea View Cottages Road From Bodrugan Hill To Portmellon Road Portmellon Mevagissey PL26 6PJ
9e. PA17/05197 : Retrospective Listed Building Consent for Replacement of two rotten sash windows, and one front door with new double glazed units, like for like in terms of number of panes and style. 2 Sea View Cottages Road From Bodrugan Hill To Portmellon Road Portmellon Mevagissey PL26 6PJ
9f. PA17/04737 : Two storey extension to rear to form 3 flats plus a detached double garage. Pentillie House School Hill Mevagissey PL26 6TQ
9g. The following planning applications have been Approved (included for information only):
PA17/00941 : Partial rebuild of workshop, etc. The yard lying to South East Of 28 Church Street.
PA17/03388 : Listed building consent. The yard lying to South East Of 28 Church Street.
PA17/03642 : Rear extension to roof, etc. Curlews, Penwarne Lane.
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||648.13|
|HMRC (Income Tax & NIC)||£||206.36|
|Little Nippers (grant – 50% of ex-VAT cost to be repaid)||£||2,832.00|
|Police room (Apr-May)||£||100.00|
|Service Valley Road toilets May-June 2017||£||1,679.79|
|Service West Wharf toilets 27/05/17-27/06/17||£||1,098.96|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||67,548.79|
|Expenditure last month||£||4,874.90|
|2016-17 VAT repaid||£||2,598.47||received|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||65,844.36|
|Available to spend||£||65,272.36|
|Bank Statements (01/06/2017):|
- To adopt the revised version of Standing Orders (minute 2017/05/21 refers).
- To receive an update on the Neighbourhood Development Plan.
- To review issues arising from the operation of the Valley Road public toilets (Cllr. Facey).
- To resolve that the Parish Council will take over the lease on the West Wharf public toilet block.
- To agree who will be contracted for the cleaning and maintenance of the West Wharf public toilets.
- To delegate authority to the Public Toilets Working Group to agree with the Clerk a procedure for the collection of and accounting for donations towards the costs of operating the public toilets.
- To receive an update on negotiations with Lloyds Bank (Chairman).
- To consider a request from St Peter’s Church for a grant towards a wheelchair access ramp at the Vicarage Hill gate.
- To consider funding options for an additional waste bin to be sited at the junction of Fore Street / Du Maurier Court.
- Proposal that the first 30 minutes of parking at the River Street Car Park should be free of charge (Cllr. Nathan).
- To consider the availability and effectiveness of defibrillators within the parish.
- To consider a request from Mevagissey Football Club for a £250 grant towards pitch improvement.
- To consider a request from Mevagissey CP School PTFA for a donation towards the cost of perimeter fencing.
- To consider a request from the Mevagissey Male Choir for a donation towards operational costs.
- Date of next meeting: 20 July 2017.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.