MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday 17 May 2018 starting at 7pm (to follow the Annual Parish Meeting and the Council’s Annual General Meeting).
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Presentation of the latest version of the proposed village map by Sally Mitchell of Design Room.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 19 April 2018.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To consider Planning Applications and Enforcement.
8a. PA18/03374 : Demolish existing sub-standard scullery and rebuild new shower room to the same size in cavity blockwork with slate roof. Trevanna Trevarth Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6RX
8b. PA18/02980 : Proposed annexe. Kerryanna Valley Road Mevagissey PL26 6SA
8c. PA18/03872 : Listed building consent for repairs to boundary wall. Tea On The Quay West Wharf Mevagissey PL26 6UJ
8d. PA18/02438 : Conversion of an outbuilding to a self contained one bedroom apartment (annex). Penfose Trevarth Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6RX
8e. Appeal against Refusal: PA17/04737. Two storey extension to rear to form 3 flats. Pentillie House School Hill Mevagissey PL26 6TQ
8f. The following planning applications have been Approved (included for information only):
PA18/01232 : Greenhouse, timber decking, balcony and steps to house. Seascape 1 Pentillie Way
PA17/11678 : Proposal for a replacement low-energy architect designed dwelling. Former Seapoint House Hotel
8g. The following Planning Enforcement cases have been closed with no breach found (for information only):
EN18/00423 : Alleged construction of decking and garden buildings. 32 Kiln Close
EN18/00595 : Alleged construction of swimming pool, garage and untidy site. 1 Higher Well Park
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||666.74|
|HMRC (PAYE & NIC)||£||184.72|
|Valley Road PC hygiene services||£||223.44|
|West Wharf PC hygiene services||£||293.65|
|Mevagissey Feast Week Committee (grant)||£||500.00|
|Operate Valley Road PC May 2018||£||978.54|
|Operate West Wharf PC May 2018||£||1,039.58|
|Valley Rd PC water 05/04/18 – 30/04/18||£||135.99|
|West Wharf PC water 05/04/18 – 30/04/18||£||318.37|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||54,359.06|
|Expenditure last month||£||5,746.57|
|plus installation of soakaway at Valley Road PC||£||2,450.00|
|Little Nippers (grant)||£||1,000.00|
|Mevagissey Male Choir (grant)||£||350.00|
|St. Peter’s PCC (towards Tower & Spire printing)||£||350.00|
|From coin boxes at West Wharf PC||£||275.00||Received|
|Settlement of claim for storm damage at West Wharf PC||£||931.00||Received|
|Precept and CTS Grant (1st payment)||£||27,950.80||Received|
|Refund of 2017/18 VAT||£||1,244.53||Received|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||74,863.82|
|Available to spend||£||74,863.82|
|Bank Statements (01/05/2018)|
- To receive and approve the 2017/18 Annual Accounts and Accounting Statements.
- To receive an update on the Neighbourhood Development Plan (Cllr. Shephard).
- To consider current affordable housing issues within the Parish.
13 To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences and approve funding for a waste removal bin at the West Wharf facility (Cllr. Facey).
- To receive an update on the village signage initiative (Cllr. Blackmore).
- To consider ways of promoting the work of the Council via social media (Cllr. Blackmore) (deferred from April).
- To consider a request for support from the Mevagissey and District Museum Society.
- Date of next meeting: 21 June 2018.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.