MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre
On Thursday 12th June 2014 at 6pm.
Present Cllrs. M Roberts (Chair), M Facey, J Daniel, J Morgan, G Shephard, C Robins, S Hrydziuszka, A Williams,
E Chesterfield, J Barron, J Whatty.
Apologies Cllrs. J Arthur, J Feeley.
In Attendance Helen Nicholson (Network Community Manager), Cllr. M Bunney (CC), PJ Howson (Clerk).
UNRATIFIED UNLESS SIGNED
1a. Declarations of interest. None.
1b. Gift Declarations. None.
2. Points from the Public. No public in attendance.
3. Devolution packages and business plans
– discussion led by Helen Nicholson, Community Network Manager (St Austell & Mevagissey).
Helen Nicholson took the Council through the process required for developing a devolution business plan, including all stages from inception to implementation, structure of the business plan, key issues to consider and examples from around the County. Ms Nicholson will provide necessary details of existing service provision. The Clerk was asked to add Devolution as a regular agenda item for future meetings.
The Chairman made a statement on the outcome of the meeting of the Cornwall Central Sub-Area Planning Committee on 9th June, which had dealt with four planning applications from Mevagissey which had been opposed by the Council, and to which a contingent of Parish Councillors and local residents had gone to make representations.
- PA13/04231 : Erection of 31 dwellings (21 affordable), landscaping, estate roads and services : School Hill.
- PA14/00692 : Demolition of the existing house and the erection of two dwellings (revised plans) : Land at Steep House, Portmellon.
- PA14/00679 : The proposed conversion of and extension to the Old Portmellon Cottage to form a dwelling (revised plans). Land North West of Steep House, Portmellon.
- PA14/01555 : Remove existing flat roofed single storey garage/store building and erect new two storey pitched roof apartment block (4 no. units) for year-round short term holiday let apartments. Addition of one parking bay to complement previously approved site parking scheme for 20 parking bays, thus raising overall parking bay number to 21. Spa Hotel, Polkirt, Mevagissey.
The Chairman confirmed that all four applications had been Refused by the Committee. Cllr. Daniel thanked Cllr. Bunney for making the Council’s case to the Committee so effectively, and Cllr. Chesterfield praised Cllrs. Roberts and Shephard for their statements to the Committee.
5a. PA13/02115 : Construction of 3 dwellings and onsite parking for 5 cars and associated works.
Land Adjacent 38 Kiln Close, Mevagissey.
Proposed by Cllr. Daniel, Seconded by Cllr. Facey, Amended by Cllr. Roberts, that the Council Supports the application, but asks that the Planning Case Officer be satisfied that there is an agreed understanding over the management of the common areas of the site. Carried.
6. The meeting ended at 19:45.
Date of next meeting : 19th June 2014