Parish of Gerrans – Upcoming Parish Council Election
2013 is an election year in the parish of Gerrans. The election will be held on Thursday 2nd May as long as more than 11 candidates are nominated. Should there be 11 candidates or fewer, then those 11 will be appointed automatically with no ballot.
Qualifications for standing for election:
To be able to stand as a candidate, you must:
– be at least 18 years old on the day of your nomination
– be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member state of the European Union
– meet at least one of the following 4 qualifications:
1. You are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the parish from the day of your nomination onwards
2. You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of the election
3.Your main or only place of work during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of the election has been in the parish
4. You have lived in the parish or within 3 miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of the election
The deadline for nominations is 12.00 noon on Friday 5th April.
A candidate’s information pack containing all the necessary forms may be obtained from the clerk to the Council, Steve Skull. He can be contacted by phone on 01872 580085 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org