Roseland Online was contacted by the estate’s lettings office asking us to inform Roseland Peninsula and South Central Cornwall residents of their change of plans.
They have abandoned plans to find a tenant for their commercial cafe and tea-room and are now seeking a potential lessee for the property as a residential/small business premises.
The contract will have special operating requirements which include:
• The grade II listed cottage is to be utilised as a residential unit by the new lessees
• The new lessees will need to be of sufficient calibre and experience to manage the site, moorings and pontoon as a boating facility and destination
• The new lessees will be required to undertake duties on behalf of the Tregothnan Estate as a river bailiff and boat man for the Estate’s interests and boats on the River Fal
• The new lessees will be invited to specify and invest in the internal refurbishment of the premises in conjunction with the Tregothnan Estate
The property boasts:
• River Bailiff and Boatman Lease
• Frontline waterfront position
• Historic site in prominent River Fal location
• Grade II Listed residential cottage
• Pontoon and 14 moorings and extensive car parking
• Terraced garden areas
Those interested in finding out more about this opportunity may register their interest by contacting the Tregothnan Estate on 01872 520325 or email@example.com
A previous open letter by a local Roseland resident Johan Balslev at the beginning of August attracted many comments on Roseland Online because of the sensitive historical nature of this property.
The estate is also making a preliminary announcement to obtain a residential Lease in a Waterfront Location on the River Fal The Ferryhouse at St Michael Penkivel. More information on both properties can be found on their website by clicking here.