Gerrans Parish Council
MINUTES of the Meeting of Gerrans Parish Council
held on Thursday 4th January 2018
in the Memorial Hall
NEXT MEETING – Tuesday 6th February 2018 at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall Annexe
Cllrs Robin Edwards (RE), Ralph German (RG), Will Gill (WG), James Hetherington (JH), Nev Meek (NM), Val Neal (VN), Charlotte Taffinder (CT) ( Chairman); S Skull (Clerk), CC Julian German (JG)
No members of the public attended.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
– Cllrs Bax, Cochrane, Hastings, Iddison.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
The Council accepted the draft minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 5th December 2017 as being a true record. The Chairman signed the minutes.
REVIEW OF MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING – ITEMS FOR REPORT / DISCUSSION
The clerk reported:
- The car abandoned in Treloan car park had now been removed.
- The intended playground site meeting had not taken place – it was hoped to convene one in January.
Proposed development at Pendower Beach Hotel – Ref. PA17/01864/PREAPP
The clerk read out an announcement from Cornwall Council giving notice of a Pre-Application Community Engagement (PACE) Forum – a public meeting to be held on January 29th at 7.15 pm in the Memorial Hall at which this proposed development would be discussed.
There was no other correspondence which would not be addressed in other items on the agenda.
The PC had received no new applications.
|Application||GPC comment||CC Decision|
|PA17/11101 re Kitpurva||Support||Approved|
|PA17/10892 re 4 Gerrans Hill||Support||Approved|
(c) Enforcement matters
– Nothing to report
COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVE REPORTS
RG reported that the Martin Baker Harris charity had been able to make two hardship donations over the Christmas period.
The clerk no movement re the proposed transfer to the PC of the freeholds of Treloan Lane car park and the playground. He said the matter was still with the PC’s solicitors.
Councillors considered the current consultation by the Local Government Boundary Commission on the proposed new division boundaries for CC. CT proposed (seconded RE) that the PC’s comment should be that it was fully in agreement with the comments already submitted by JG. Unanimously agreed. Action clerk.
PERCUIL PUBLIC CONVENIENCES
The clerk presented two previously circulated quotes for the roof replacement. After discussion, RG proposed (seconded RE) that the quote of Empire Roofing at £1,975 plus VAT be accepted. Unanimously agreed. Action clerk
The clerk reported that all payments submitted for approval were materially within budget, or within forecast and agreed contingency levels where actual figures were unknown at the time of setting the budget.
ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
It was resolved that the outstanding invoices totalling £2,541.62 (including VAT of £76.38) be paid. A schedule of all the payments is available from the clerk.
The reconciled bank balance as at 25th December was £59,507.76.
OTHER PARISH MATTERS
- Any urgent business
- Matters to be included on the next agenda
– None other than as minuted above
- Minor items for report
– The clerk reported he had asked a local contractor to repair, or replace if repair is not possible, the sign at the entrance to Percuil car park, which has collapsed.
– RE said he had received complaints from parishioners about the brightness of exterior lighting at Trewithian Farmhouse. The lights were said to be a distraction to motorists approaching Trewithian from the Tregony direction at night. The clerk was asked to write to the owners explaining the situation. Action clerk.
The meeting closed at 8.02 pm