To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held as a virtual meeting on Thursday 15 April 2021 starting at 7pm.
To join the meeting click on the link below or cut and paste it into your browser command line:
Meeting ID: 892 8061 2256 Passcode: 156165
The order of business is given below (note that all planning matters will be dealt with at a separate meeting).
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Presentation of proposals to enhance the County Wildlife Site at Chapel Point and Seal disturbance measures – Jeremy Roberts (Three Bays Wildlife), Cathy Swingland (landowner) and Rob Wells (Cornwall Seal Research Trust).
- Presentation by Julian Donald (Climate Action Group researcher).
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 18 March 2021.
- To accept the minutes of the planning meeting held on 19 March 2021.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||1,000.00|
|Monthly subscription to Zoom||£||14.39|
|Cornwall ALC membership||£||798.71|
|Temp suspension of W. Wharf PC March waste collections||£||15.18|
|March servicing of recycling bank||£||546.00|
|Non-domestic rates for Valley Road PC||£||785.93|
|Valley Rd PC redevelopment design & drawings||£||740.00|
|Operate Valley Road PC April 2021||£||905.34|
|Operate West Wharf PC April 2021||£||1,111.20|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||91,755.62|
|Expenditure last month||£||3,810.37|
|plus Valley Road PC electricity 02/02/21 – 01/03/21||£||25.99|
|West Wharf PC electricity 02/02/21 – 01/03/21||£||22.16|
|Wild Wonder & Wisdom CIC (grant)||£||350.00|
|Mevagissey Christmas Lights Committee (grant)||£||500.00|
|Works to West Wharf PC||£||700.00|
|West Wharf PC water 03/02/21 – 02/03/21||£||122.16|
|Available to spend||£||86,221.57|
|Bank Statements (01/04/2021)|
- To receive the 2020/21 end of year financial summary.
- To approve the renewal of the Council’s insurance policy.
- To approve grant payments, if requested, to village halls, football pitch maintenance and Tower & Spire printing costs.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Facey on issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences and the proposed redevelopment of the Valley Road block.
- To consider the motion that the Public Toilets Working Group (PTWG) is authorised by the Council to vary the standard opening dates and times of the public toilets and take other day-to-decisions as circumstances require, and the PTWG Chair is required to notify the Clerk of all such variations and decisions at the earliest opportunity.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Gann on the proposed Community Land Trust and issues related to affordable housing.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Whatty on the activities of the Climate Emergency Working Group.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Facey on the operation of the recycling banks and consider installation of CCTV coverage.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Facey on progress in setting up a working group to explore longer term solutions for traffic congestion in Fore Street, and early observations on re-opening the village to visitors.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Gann on proposals to improve waste recycling and disposal for businesses.
- To review the operation of the Council’s Facebook group (Cllr. Gann).
- To agree the terms of a beach management plan for Portmellon.
- To consider future involvement in hosting a proposed International Festival of Rowing.
- Date of next (non-planning) meeting: 20 May 2021 (to be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre unless advised otherwise).