MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held as a virtual meeting on Thursday 18 March 2021 starting at 7pm.
To join the meeting click on the link below or cut and paste it into your browser command line:
Meeting ID: 847 1421 0634 Passcode: 699126
The order of business is given below (note that all planning matters will be dealt with at a separate meeting).
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Presentation by Dr Dan Murphy and Dr Alistair Lockwood of St Austell Healthcare.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 18 February 2021.
- To accept the minutes of the planning meeting held on 19 February 2021.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||1,000.00|
|Monthly subscription to Zoom||£||14.39|
|Temp suspension of W. Wharf PC February waste collections||£||3.14|
|Service glass (10/02) and cardboard (04/02, 23/02) skips||£||546.00|
|Penalty for contaminated cardboard skip 23/02/21||£||30.60|
|Operate Valley Road PC March 2021||£||905.34|
|Operate West Wharf PC March 2021||£||941.50|
|Valley Road PC water 03/02/21 – 02/03/21||£||9.40|
|Clearing and cutting back around Valley Road PC||£||110.00||(paid)|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||98,965.99|
|Expenditure last month||£||3,865.18|
|plus Valley Road PC electricity 02/01/21 – 01/02/21||£||29.46|
|Advance payment for works to Valley Road PC||£||1,500.00|
|New sanitaryware for Valley Road PC||£||1,386.00|
|Valley Road PC water 05/01/21 – 02/02/21||£||9.73|
|Carbon audit report||£||420.00|
|Available to spend||£||91,755.62|
|Bank Statements (01/03/2021)|
- To receive an update on the Nare Court viewing platform.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Facey on issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences.
- To formally constitute a Toilet Committee with agreed delegated powers and terms of reference.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Gann on the proposed Community Land Trust and issues related to affordable housing.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Whatty on the activities of the Climate Emergency Working Group.
- To consider the opportunity provided by FoAM Kernow’s Evidence Support Initiative to seek support from a local scientific researcher for the Climate Action Group´s work on the climate action plan (Cllr. Leiser).
- To receive a report from Cllr. Facey on the operation of the recycling banks, including the possible removal of the cardboard skip for the summer.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Facey on progress in setting up a working group to explore longer term solutions for traffic congestion in Fore Street.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Gann on proposals to improve waste recycling and disposal for businesses.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Gann on progress towards the creation of a Facebook group including terms of reference to be agreed.
- To receive a report from Cllrs. Whatty and Shephard on benefits and liabilities likely to arise from the adoption of a beach management plan for Portmellon, and to agree the scope of such a plan.
- To consider further the request for support from the Mevagissey Christmas Lights Committee.
- To consider a request for support from Wild Wonder and Wisdom CIC (Community Interest Company).
- To consider improvements to the skateboarding facility (Cllr. Facey).
- To consider maintenance of railings in Cliff Park and the gate at the rear of Trewinney cemetery (Cllr. G Williams).
- To consider surgery parking problems since Cornwall Council suspended charging (Cllr. Roberts).
- Date of next (non-planning) meeting: 15 April 2021 (virtual meeting unless advised otherwise).
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public.