Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held as a virtual meeting on Thursday 20 August 2020 starting at 7pm.
To join the meeting click on the link below or cut and paste it into your browser command line:
Meeting ID: 852 9542 0737 Passcode: 319806
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Nick Kaye and Scott Bennett of the Veor group to provide an update on Mevagissey surgery and answer questions.
- Neal Rankin, Secretary to the Nare Court Residents Co. Ltd. to speak and answer questions on public access to the viewing point.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 16 July 2020.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- Planning and Enforcement.
9a. PA20/00869 : Listed building consent for various internal and external proposed works (amended plans). 11 Tregoney Hill Mevagissey PL26 6RD
9b. PA20/03600 : Retrospective planning permission for erection of wooden non-fixed sauna to existing patio in rear garden. Skysail Polkirt Hill Mevagissey PL26 6UX
9c. PA20/02210 : Construction of a terrace of three houses and a detached one and a half storey house, reconstruction of existing pedestrian access and adaption of existing car parking (previously approved under PA18/08553). Land Adjacent 38 Kiln Close Mevagissey PL26 6TP. To review previous Objection following meeting with architect.
9d. PA20/02838 : Proposed annexe and first-floor extension. Highbury 5 Higher Lavorrick Mevagissey PL26 6TB
To review previous Objection following site meeting.
9e. PA20/01494/PREAPP : Pre-application advice for proposed works to extend into the roof space of the main dwelling and the annexe , create new entrances and access and extend the decking around the building and to divide the dwelling and annexe into a pair of semi-detached dwellings. Cosy Nook Valley Road Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6SB (not a consultation).
9f. PA20/05679 : Non material amendment to adjust access to proposed dwelling land in respect of decision notice PA13/06204. The Retreat Vicarage Hill Mevagissey PL26 6SY
Note: This is a retrospective application. Holding objection submitted pending ratification.
9g. PA20/04460 : Extensions to front, side and rear elevations. 28 Higher Lavorrick Mevagissey PL26 6TB
To note an amendment to the proposal and the Council’s appreciation.
9h. To receive an update on planning enforcement cases.
- i) Property 1 at Portmellon;
- ii) Property 2 at Portmellon;
iii) Landscaping at properties on School Hill (and Cllr. Gann’s proposed submission);
- iv) WC and boat storage at Portmellon car park.
9i. The following planning decisions have been received (for information only):
PA19/09527 (and associated Listed Building application PA19/09758) : Application, part retrospective, to replace existing rotten pitched roof over rear extension with flat amenity area; create platform at first floor level within inner yard, with spiral staircase to amenity area; replace one rotten window with timber French doors giving access to platform; replace remaining rotten windows with timber; replace rotten lintel over back door; remove part of internal partition in rear extension. 41 Cliff Street Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6QJ REFUSAL
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||970.74|
|West Wharf PC July waste collections||£||83.90|
|Valley Rd PC additional hygiene services 01/07/20 – 28/09/20||£||56.02|
|W Wharf PC additional hygiene services 01/07/20 – 07/09/20||£||35.59|
|Operate Valley Road PC August 2020||£||996.15|
|Operate West Wharf PC August 2020||£||1,058.29|
|West Wharf PC water 26/06/20 – 03/08/20||£||374.92||(paid)|
|West Wharf PC electricity 02/06/20 – 01/08/20||£||46.88||(paid)|
|Monthly subscription to Zoom (repaid to Clerk)||£||14.39|
|Parish phone top-up (repaid to Clerk)||£||10.00|
|LMP (SWCP 2nd cut)||£||325.78||(paid)|
|Replace tap at Valley Rd PC||£||75.00||(paid)|
|Extra-strong large liners for street bins||£||40.97||(paid)|
|Replace secure door lock at West Wharf PC||£||140.00||(paid)|
|Attendants at public toilets 01/08/20 – 08/08/20||£||1,030.00||(paid)|
|Attendants at public toilets 08/08/20 – 14/08/20||£||1,040.00||(paid)|
|Valley Rd PC hygiene services Sep-Dec||£||265.22|
|West Wharf PC hygiene services Sep-Dec||£||302.59|
|Valley Rd PC electricity 02/06/20 – 31/07/20||£||25.53||(paid)|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||94,842.23|
|Expenditure last month||£||5,421.68|
|plus Attendants at public toilets 11/07/20 – 01/08/20||£||2,310.00|
|Waterproof bin signs||£||74.77|
|Traffic consultation letters||£||315.99|
|Extra Covid-related consumables for public toilets||£||190.39|
|Available to spend||£||86,529.40|
|Bank Statements (01/08/2020)|
- To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences (Cllr. Facey).
- To review the operation of the temporary one-way system on Polkirt Hill (Cllr. Facey).
- To receive an update on litter bins and consider equipment to help with litter clearance in the village (Cllr. Morgan).
- To receive an update from the Climate Emergency Working Group (Cllr. Whatty).
- To consider issues arising from the operation of the surgery.
- To consider the proposed closure of public access to the viewing point at Nare Court.
- To ratify the Traffic Management Working Group’s proposal to grant £6,000 to the Harbour Trustees as compensation for potential loss of parking fees.
- To consider a response to Cornwall Council’s consultation on the Climate Emergency Development Plan Document (DPD) Pre-Submission Report.
- To consider a request from Seafarers UK to fly the Red Ensign on Merchant Navy Day and donate to the Merchant Navy Fund Emergency Appeal.
- To consider revisions to the existing signage at Tregiskey crossroads, including: a) add right turn to Portmellon for all traffic, and b) remove Polstreath from left turn.
- To receive an update on the proposed Community Land Trust and issues related to affordable housing (Cllr. Gann).
- To fill by co-option the casual vacancies on the Council.
- Date of next meeting: 17 September 2020 (virtual meeting unless advised otherwise).
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public.