MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday 20 December 2018 starting at 7pm.
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Presentation by Jo Harley of Gilbert & Goode of development proposal for Vicarage Hill (agenda item 8a).
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 22 November.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To consider Planning Applications.
8a. PA18/09651 : Residential development comprising 26 units. Land At Vicarage Hill Mevagissey
8b. PA18/11012 : Change of use of managers accommodation to unfettered dwelling without complying with condition 5 (principle home occupancy restriction) of decision PA18/04406 dated 04.10.2018. Trevalsa Court Hotel School Hill Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6TH
8c. The following planning decisions have been received (included for information only):
PA18/09605 : Replacement of car port with utility room. St Michaels School Hill. APPROVED
PA18/03040 : Reduction in roof height level enabled by the removal of the small pitch roof on the front elevation, addition of external wall insulation including Larch cladding to first floor external walls and various other alterations. Curlews Penwarne Lane. APPEAL AGAINST REFUSAL DISMISSED
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||666.53|
|HMRC (PAYE & NIC)||£||184.92|
|Operate Valley Road PC December 2018||£||978.54|
|Operate West Wharf PC December 2018||£||1,039.58|
|West Wharf PC electricity 02/09/18 – 01/12/18||£||64.02|
|Valley Rd PC disabled unit Wallgate repair||£||531.79|
|Website annual operation and maintenance||£||370.00|
|Winter road salt||£||43.65|
|West Wharf PC waste collection||£||16.80|
|Valley Road PC water 01/11/18 – 30/11/18||£||152.22|
|West Wharf PC water 01/11/18 – 30/11/18||£||469.52|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||67,863.46|
|Expenditure last month||£||5,016.97|
|plus donation to Mevagissey Youth Club||£||250.00|
|plus RBL wreath and donation to Poppy Appeal||£||80.00|
|From West Wharf PC coin boxes||£||4,270.00||Received|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||66,786.49|
|Available to spend||£||66,786.49|
|Bank Statements (01/12/2018)|
- To review recommended amendments to the Council’s Standing Orders.
- To receive an update on the proposed Community Land Trust (Cllr. Gann).
- To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences (Cllr. Facey).
- To receive an update on the proposal to provide a defibrillator at an outside location accessible 24/7.
- To receive an update on a memorial to mark the mass graves of the 1849 cholera victims (Cllr. Blackmore).
- To consider a request for support from the ‘Mevagisseymas’ events organiser.
- To consider proactive moves to counter ineffective enforcement action (Cllr. Gann).
- Date of next meeting: 24 January 2019.
NOTE: This will be the fourth Thursday in the month.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.