MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held as a virtual meeting on Thursday 18 June 2020 starting at 7pm.
To join the meeting click on the link below or cut and paste it into your browser command line:
Meeting ID: 844 5030 4811 Password: 182519
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 21 May 2020.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- Planning and Enforcement.
7a. PA20/03445 : Demolition and replacement of single dwelling-house with a new family dwelling-house and associated works. Trenear Polkirt Hill Mevagissey PL26 6UX
7b. PA20/03817 : Listed Building Consent for repairs to two small areas of flat roof. The Gate House Chapel Point Lane Portmellon Mevagissey PL26 6PR
7c. PA20/02753 : Listed Building consent for High level maintenance works as approved under applications: PA18/00889 and PA17/00212. 11 And 13 Polkirt Hill Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6UR
7d. PA20/00723 : Retrospective permission for a shed and lower deck area (amended plans). 7 Polkirt Heights Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6TT
7e. PA20/01009/PREAPP : Pre application advice to remove existing pitched roof to ground floor extension and replace with suitable flat roof to form outside terrace/balcony. 5 River Terrace River Street Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6UG (Not a consultation).
7f. To consider planning enforcement cases (Cllrs. Gann and Simpson).
- i) Property 1 at Portmellon;
- ii) Property 2 at Portmellon;
iii) Landscaping at properties on School Hill.
- iv) WC and boat storage at Portmellon car park.
7e. The following planning decisions have been received (for information only):
PA20/02830 : Roof alteration and summer house. 2 Higher Lavorrick. APPROVED
PA20/02737 : Alterations and extension for dining area and utility. Glen Lynn Tregoney Hill. APPROVED
PA19/11011 : Retrospective Listed Building Consent for replacement roof. 11A Fore Street. APPROVED
PA20/02171 : Partial demolition of unused barn and change of use to extend residential curtilage to accommodate the construction of an annexe for the applicants parents. Treleaven Farm, The Lodge, Valley Road. APPROVED
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||970.53|
|West Wharf PC May waste collection (suspension of service)||£||13.93|
|Operate Valley Road PC June 2020||£||905.34|
|Operate West Wharf PC June 2020||£||941.50|
|Valley Rd PC hygiene services Jun-Sep & waste transfer||£||239.20|
|W Wharf PC hygiene services Jun-Sep & waste transfer||£||285.53|
|Valley Rd PC electricity 02/03/20 – 01/06/20||£||39.71||(paid)|
|West Wharf PC electricity 02/03/20 – 01/06/20||£||54.74||(paid)|
|Coast Path 1st cut||£||325.78||(paid)|
|West Wharf PC water 01/05/20 – 01/06/20||£||322.32|
|Monthly subscription to Zoom (repaid to Clerk)||£||14.39|
|Computing costs (MS-Office annual subscription)||£||79.99|
|CV-19 public signage||£||1,002.00||(paid)|
|Annual GDPR fee||£||40.00|
|Low level WC and grab rails for West Wharf PC disabled unit||£||375.60||(paid)|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||103,405.59|
|Expenditure last month||£||4,191.55|
|plus Valley Road PC water 01/04/20 – 30/04/20||£||57.16|
|Reclaimed cost of installing footpath signage||£||200.00||Received|
|Grant from Western Power Distribution for CV-19 support||£||4,840.00||Received|
|Grant from CC Community Chest for CV-19 support||£||300.00||Received|
|Available to spend||£||104,496.88|
|Bank Statements (01/06/2020)|
- To receive and approve the 2019/20 Annual Accounts.
- To receive and approve the 2019/20 Annual Accounting Statements.
- To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences, including reopening (Cllr. Facey).
- To receive an update from the Climate Emergency Working Group (Cllr. Whatty).
- To receive an update on the surgery.
- To consider a request to reduce grass cutting of the Pentillie field.
- To consider a request from Cornwall Hospice Care for financial support.
- To consider a response to the current planning application for development at Pendower Beach (PA20/03842).
- To consider a response to Cornwall Council’s offer of assistance to support reopening of the village centre.
- To consider a funding request for Mevagissey Museum School Project (Cllr. Morgan).
- To consider an application for Traffic Regulation Order(s) to ease vehicle and pedestrian traffic during the pandemic (Cllr. Facey).
- Date of next meeting: 16 July 2020 (virtual meeting unless advised otherwise).
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public.