MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday 19 March 2020 starting at 7pm.
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Presentation of the devolution process by Helen Nicholson (CC Community Link Officer).
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 20 February 2020.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- Planning and Enforcement.
8a. PA20/01300 : Listed building consent sought for works to infill an existing window opening within lean-to extension to property. 3 River Terrace River Street Mevagissey PL26 6UG
8b. PA20/01207 : Construction of extension to create a new second floor bathroom. 51 Polkirt Hill Mevagissey PL26 6UR
8c. PA20/00723 : Retrospective permission for a shed and lower deck area. 7 Polkirt Heights Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6TT
8d. PA20/00720 : Erection of conservatory and refurbishment of deck including addition to provide steps.
8 Polkirt Heights Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6TT
8e. PA19/10659 : Conversion of Loft space with alterations to 1st floor to accommodate stair access. Increase in decking size to rear of property. 3 Coastguard Station Mall Access To Coastguard Station Mevagissey PL26 6QP
To consider a response to a 5-day protocol letter received.
8f. PA20/00325/PREAPP : Pre application advice for works approved under PA18/00889 and PA17/00212 – high level maintenance works (removal of render and replacement of Lime render to front and side gable elevations, fenestration repairs chimney repair) In additional the removal of the man made fibre cement roof covering and replacement with natural slate. Removal and rebuild of the dormer of similar dimensions and flat roof. 11 Polkirt Hill Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6UR (For information only)
8g. To review planning enforcement cases.
8h. The following planning decisions have been received (included for information only):
PA19/08774 : Listed Building Consent to remove chimney stack. 2A Chapel Street. WITHDRAWN
PA20/00281 : Alterations to windows and doors. Rope House 55 Cliff Street. APPROVED
PA19/09922 : Listed Building Consent for Repairs to Lawn House and boundary wall. APPROVED
PA19/00155 : Listed Building Consent for internal alterations. 28 Church Street. APPROVED
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||970.53|
|Operate Valley Road PC March 2020||£||978.54|
|Operate West Wharf PC March 2020||£||1,039.58|
|Floor cable cover||£||9.20|
|W. Wharf PC February waste collection||£||20.98|
|Valley Road PC electricity 02/12/19 – 01/03/20||£||49.15|
|West Wharf PC electricity 02/12/19 – 01/03/20||£||55.86|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||83,011.82|
|Expenditure last month||£||7,783.21|
|plus installation of footpath signage||£||200.00|
|Valley Rd PC water 04/01/20 – 03/02/20||£||184.53|
|West Wharf PC water 04/01/20 – 03/02/20||£||146.85|
|Cruse Bereavement Care (grant)||£||200.00|
|The Fishermen’s Mission (grant)||£||1,000.00|
|Gorran Rainbows (grant)||£||100.00|
|Tanya’s Courage Trust (grant)||£||100.00|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||73,297.23|
|Available to spend||£||73,297.23|
|Bank Statements (01/03/2020)|
- To adopt a new version of the Financial Regulations to comply with the updated NALC model.
- To receive an update on the proposed Community Land Trust and issues related to affordable housing (Cllr. Gann).
- To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences (Cllr. Facey).
- To consider quotations received for the operation of the public toilets in 2020/21.
- To receive an update from the Climate Emergency Working Group (Cllr. Whatty).
- To receive an update on land available for allotments (all members).
- To receive an update on the surgery.
- To receive an update on a possible devolution package.
- To receive an update on mussel farms in St Austell Bay (Cllr. Roberts).
- To consider a response to the MMO’s consultation on the draft South West Marine Plan (Cllr. Roberts).
- To consider replacement of memorial bench on East Wharf, donated by the Parish Council (Cllr. Roberts).
- To consider Cornwall Council’s Climate Change Development Plan Document (DPD).
- To consider taking over from Cornwall Council responsibility for the recycling banks on Valley Road.
- To agree a response to a proposed diversion of public footpath no. 6 (Chapel Point Lane).
24 To consider complaints about the noise of forklifts operating at night during the sardine season (Cllr. Blackmore).
- To consider the possible implications and impact of the Coronavirus pandemic (Cllr. Simpson).
- Date of next meeting: 16 April 2020.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.