MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held as a virtual meeting on Thursday 21 May 2020 starting at 7pm.
To join the meeting click on the link below or cut and paste it into your browser command line: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81595353022?pwd=NkQwMmRvQmhpTlFzT0pONnpyWDBVQT09
Meeting ID: 815 9535 3022 Password: 658955
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- To adopt the CALC Model Remote Meetings Protocol and Procedures as a Supplement to Standing Orders.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 19 March 2020.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- It was agreed on 25/03/20 to close the public toilets until further notice;
- An application was made on 04/04/20 for a Community Chest Crisis Scheme grant from Cornwall Council (CC);
- An application was made on 12/04/20 for a Western Power Division grant towards the work of the Community Support Group, and £4,840 has been received;
- It was agreed that site visits would not resume until CC considers it safe for its own officers to attend;
- Savills have confirmed that the Council’s bid for land for allotments on Vicarage Hill was unsuccessful;
- The temporary mechanism agreed at the last meeting for handling planning consultations is now terminated.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- Planning and Enforcement.
8a. PA20/00869 : Listed building consent for various internal and external proposed works. 11 Tregoney Hill Mevagissey PL26 6RD
8b. PA20/00858/PREAPP : Pre application advice for Demolition of existing dwelling and construction of new apartments. Waterside Polkirt Hill Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6UX (not a consultation).
8c. Summary of planning consultations received since the last meeting and Council responses (for information only):
PA20/02210 : Construction of a terrace of three houses and a detached one and a half storey house, reconstruction of existing pedestrian access and adaption of existing car parking (previously approved under PA18/08553). Land Adjacent 38 Kiln Close Mevagissey PL26 6TP Objection.
PA20/02898 : Demolition of existing external steps for construction of hobby room extension with roof terrace and conservatory over. Alteration of rear roof plane for additional first floor internal space. Trewartha Trevarth Mevagissey PL26 6RX No objection.
PA20/02737 : Alterations and extension to form dining area and utility. Glen Lynn Tregoney Hill Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6RF No objection.
PA20/02838 : Proposed annexe and first-floor extension. Highbury 5 Higher Lavorrick Mevagissey PL26 6TB
PA20/02830 : Roof alteration and summer house. 2 Higher Lavorrick Mevagissey PL26 6TB No objection
PA20/02171 : Partial demolition of unused barn and change of use to extend residential curtilage to accommodate the construction of an annexe for the applicants parents. Treleaven Farm, The Lodge Valley Road Mevagissey PL26 6SA Objection.
8d. To consider planning enforcement cases (Cllr. Gann).
i) Property 1 at Portmellon;
ii) Property 2 at Portmellon;
iii) PA15/03079 – Land North of Moonfleet, School Hill.
8e. The following planning decisions have been received (for information only):
PA20/00720 : Erection of conservatory and refurbishment of deck including addition to provide steps. 8 Polkirt Heights. APPROVED
PA19/10036/37 : Alterations to existing roof at Grade II listed house. Cheesewarne Farm. APPROVED
PA20/01207 : Construction of extension to create a new second floor bathroom. 51 Polkirt Hill. APPROVED
PA19/10659 : Conversion of Loft space with alterations to 1st floor to accommodate stair access. Increase in decking size to rear of property. 3 Coastguard Station Mall. APPROVED
PA20/01300 : Listed building consent for works to infill an existing window opening within lean-to extension to property. 3 River Terrace River Street. APPROVED
PA19/05282 : Variation of Condition 2 of PA15/10218 : to seek a variation to the repair of the outbuilding and seek variation to the design of the roof . 2 Church Lane. APPROVED
PA20/00127 : Discharge of conditions 4, 5 and 7 under PA18/10377 dated 20/03/2019 for the sub-division of the existing site and construction of a highly sustainable 2-bedroom dwelling. Nikaria Cliff Street. DISCHARGED
8f. The following planning appeal decision has been received (for information only):
PA19/01977 : Proposed cross-subsidy residential development comprising 7 dwellings (4 affordable), access and landscaping. The proposals include associated driveways, car parking and private gardens. Land East Of Mevagissey CP School Mevagissey Cornwall PL26 6TD APPEAL DISMISSED
- To approve retrospectively the monthly finances for April.
|Cornwall ALC membership renewal||£||754.10|
|Operate Valley Road PC April 2020||£||905.34|
|Operate West Wharf PC April 2020||£||941.50|
|Operational float for Community Support Group||£||200.00|
|West Wharf PC March waste collection||£||20.98|
|Valley Rd PC business rates 2020/21||£||785.93|
|Mevagissey FC grant for pitch cutting 2020/21||£||650.00|
|St Peter’s PCC grant for printing Tower & Spire||£||350.00|
|Mevagissey Activity Centre grant||£||1,750.00|
|Jubilee Hall grant||£||1,750.00|
|West Wharf PC water 05/03/20 – 31/03/20||£||124.41|
|Additional leaflet printing for Community Support Group||£||195.00|
|90 x hi-viz vests for Community Support Group||£||540.00|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||73,297.23|
|Expenditure last month||£||3,709.45|
leaflet printing for Community Support Group
|wood stain for memorial bench on East Wharf||£||15.00|
|200 x hand sanitisers for use by CSG||£||1,230.00|
|W Wharf PC water 04/02/20- 04/03/20 (amended bill)||£||17.03|
|Office costs (printing)||£||31.92|
|Mevagissey Bay Association (towards cost of public toilets)||£||5,000.00||Received|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||73,208.04|
|Available to spend||£||73,208.04|
|Bank Statements (01/04/2020)|
- To approve the monthly finances for May.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||970.74|
|West Wharf PC April waste collection||£||20.98|
|Operate Valley Road PC May 2020||£||905.34|
|Operate West Wharf PC May 2020||£||941.50|
|West Wharf PC water 01/04/20 – 30/04/20||£||62.32|
|Monthly subscription to Zoom (repaid to Clerk)||£||14.39|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||73,208.04|
|Expenditure last month||£||10,180.59|
|plus Valley Road PC water 05/03/20 – 31/03/20||£||194.40|
|additional leaflet printing for Community Support Group||£||50.00|
|weed control (1st treatment)||£||386.40|
|Precept and CTS grant (1st payment)||£||38,363.24||Received|
|Reclaimed VAT 2019-20||£||1,686.72||Received|
|Grant for cutting SWCP 2019||£||958.98||Received|
|Available to spend||£||103,405.59|
|Bank Statements (01/05/2020)|
- To approve the Annual Governance Statement.
- To receive an update on the proposed Community Land Trust and issues related to affordable housing (Cllr. Gann).
- To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences (Cllr. Facey).
- To receive an update from the Climate Emergency Working Group (Cllr. Whatty).
- To receive an update on land available for allotments (all members).
- To receive an update on the surgery.
- To receive an update on a possible devolution package.
- To consider the provision of signage to raise the level of CV-19 awareness amongst visitors.
- Date of next meeting: 18 June 2020 (virtual meeting unless advised otherwise).
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public.