MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday 20 September 2018 starting at 7pm.
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Presentation by Dr. Dave Watkins (CC Strategic Coast & Flood Risk Lead) on planning policies in flood risk areas.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 16 August 2018.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To receive correspondence.
- To consider Planning Applications.
9a. PA18/06592 : Change of use from Car Park to mixed use to provide car parking, onsite food and takeaway outlet, a kayak/paddle board store – hire and retail sales, a public disabled unisex wc with shower and changing facilities, boat storage during winter months and motor home parking and associated facilities during summer months. Car Park Adj To The Rising Sun Inn Portmellon Mevagissey Cornwall PL26 6PL (Deferred from last meeting).
9b. PA18/07234 : Replace existing garage with self contained annexe (amendment to PA17/01137). Pondokie School Hill Mevagissey PL26 6TH
9c. PA18/07670 : Single storey rear extension and decked area. 9 Higher Lavorrick Mevagissey PL26 6TB
9d. PA18/07929 : Proposed replacement living room extension, ground floor garden room extension, replacement of flat roof to pitched roof to new kitchen area. Proposed new balcony to first floor. East Paddock School Hill Mevagissey PL26 6TH
9e. PA18/07894 : Removal of self contained annexe and erection of a new dwellinghouse with associated parking. Sunny Croft Ava Mevagissey PL26 6RY
9f. PA18/07632 : The proposal is to convert the original loft space into a 2 bedroom open plan kitchen/dining lounge apartment with external access including change from pitch roof to flat roof. Trevarne School Hill Mevagissey PL26 6TG
9g. PA18/05405 : Extension at first floor level to front and rear and a change of roof. Curlews Penwarne Lane Mevagissey PL26 6PF Revised plans.
9h. PA17/05503 : Alterations and extension to form living space and utility room The Harbour House The Cliff Mevagissey Cornwall. Appeal against Refusal. Further comments to be received by 8 October 2018.
9i. PA18/04895 : Proposed rear decked balcony, guarding, external staircase and associated works to owner’s accommodation. Mevagissey Bay Hotel Polkirt Hill. To consider a response to 5-day protocol letter received.
9j. The following planning decisions have been received (included for information only):
PA18/05962 : Proposed residential development comprising 5 dwellings. Change of use from agricultural to residential. Land East Of Mevagissey CP School. Refused.
PA18/06230 : Proposed conservatory to the side of the dwelling. 3 Portmellon Park Approved.
PA17/04737 : Two storey extension to rear to form 3 flats. Pentillie House School Hill Mevagissey PL26 6TQ. Appeal against refusal. Appeal Dismissed.
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||666.53|
|HMRC (PAYE & NIC)||£||184.92|
|Operate Valley Road PC Septmber 2018||£||978.54|
|Operate West Wharf PC September 2018||£||1,039.58|
|Valley Road PC water 31/07/18 – 03/09/18||£||403.00|
|West Wharf PC water 31/07/18 – 03/09/18||£||902.33|
|West Wharf PC electricity 02/06/18 – 01/09/18||£||83.44|
|Coast path 4th cut||£||301.50|
|LMP 2nd cut||£||194.00|
|West Wharf PC waste collection||£||67.20|
|Replacement cisterns, locks and valves at West Wharf PC||£||1,286.00|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||58,391.28|
|Expenditure last month||£||8,325.73|
|plus notice board renovation||£||117.50|
|Adjustment from St Peter’s PCC (for memorial bench)||£||200.00||Received|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||50,148.05|
|Available to spend||£||50,148.05|
|Bank Statements (01/09/2018)|
- To consider current affordable housing issues within the Parish.
- To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences (Cllr. Facey).
- To consider donating to Seafarers UK for Merchant Navy Day (Cllr. Roberts).
- To consider a response to the CIL (Community Infrastructure Levy) Consultation.
- To consider placement of the memorial bench donated by the Cornwall Volkswagen Owners Club (Cllr. Facey).
- To consider a proposal to put at least one ‘#2minutelitterpick’ board in the village (Cllr. Mustoe).
- To confirm locations of defibrillators and consider moving one to an outside location accessible 24/7 (Cllr. Mustoe).
- To consider the possibility of marking the mass graves of the 1849 cholera victims (Cllr. Roberts).
- To consider alleged tipping of material in the flood plain at Portmellon (Cllr. Gann).
- Date of next meeting: 18 October 2018.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.