MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday 19 September 2019 starting at 7pm.
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 15 August 2019.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To consider Planning Applications.
7a. PA19/06023 : Extend and expand existing deck area at the rear, replace existing panoramic picture window with bifold doors and replace existing lintel and roof. Netherway Penwarne Lane Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6PF
7b. PA19/07066 : Retrospective works for the erection of a glass and stainless steel balcony extending a short distance from dormer window to edge of roofline to the rear of the property. 28 Tregoney Hill Mevagissey PL26 6RE
7c. PA19/07227 : Renovation of one outhouse into garden room and replace existing decking with composite decking with glass balustrade. Landscape of whole garden area. 2 Coastguard Station Mall Access To Coastguard Station Mevagissey PL26 6QP
7d. To review the issues raised by PA19/05123 : Demolition of existing dwelling and construction of a new dwelling with garage incorporating self contained studio flat over (Cllr. Shephard).
7e. To review planning enforcement cases.
7f. The following planning applications have been approved (included for information only):
PA19/05419 : Variation to extend middle floor level with extended slate roof slope and addition of small conservatory. Land East Of 5A Church Lane.
PA19/05491 : Retrospective Listed Building Consent to paint original stone rubble exterior and installation of secondary glazing (internally) to original sash windows 1 Jetty Street.
PA19/05471 : Proposed alterations and associated improvements to the lower ground floor rear elevation of 14 Polkirt Hill and alterations/refurbishment of the Old Net Loft (and Listed Building Consent PA19/05472).
PA19/05756 : Listed building consent for replacement of ground floor kitchen window. 9 Bank Terrace.
PA19/03796 : Change of use of ground floor from residential to restaurant. 2 Polkirt Hill (and Listed Building Consent PA19/03797).
PA19/03836 : New layout for car park for four cars plus three sheds. Beach House, Portmellon.
PA19/05123 : Demolition of existing dwelling and construction of a new dwelling with garage incorporating self- contained studio flat over. Tater-Du (Come-By-Chance), Trevarth.
7g. The following planning decision has been received (included for information only):
PA19/06468 : Non Material Amendment for the Installation of Roof Solar Panels to Front Elevation of decision PA17/12093. Longpoint, Chapel Point Lane, Portmellon. NOT ACCEPTABLE AS AMENDMENT
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||666.53|
|HMRC (PAYE & NIC)||£||182.58|
|Operate Valley Road PC September 2019||£||978.54|
|Operate West Wharf PC September 2019||£||1,039.58|
|Extra consumables at West Wharf PC September 2019||£||184.80|
|Extra attendance at West Wharf PC 24/08/19 – 05/09/19||£||427.14||(paid)|
|Valley Rd PC cistermiser upgrade||£||178.00||(paid)|
|Coast Path 3rd cut||£||322.62||(paid)|
|Office costs (phone)||£||10.00|
|Inland footpaths 1st and 2nd cuts||£||721.97||(paid)|
|West Wharf PC electricity 04/06/19 – 01/09/19||£||68.43|
|W. Wharf PC August waste collections||£||93.66|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||69,828.58|
|Expenditure last month||£||5,199.84|
|plus extra attendance at West Wharf 10/08/19 – 24/08/19||£||460.00|
|Valley Rd PC water costs 04/07/19 – 01/08/19||£||480.26|
|Mevagissey Rowing Club (grant for Shanty Festival)||£||1,000.00|
|West Wharf PC door money||£||4,630.00||Received|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||67,318.48|
|Available to spend||£||67,318.48|
|Bank Statements (01/09/2019)|
- To receive an update on the proposed Community Land Trust and issues related to affordable housing (Cllr. Gann).
- To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences (Cllr. Facey).
- To receive an update from the Climate Emergency Working Group (Cllr. Shephard).
- To consider requesting the removal of the pavement along the frontage of nos. 7-13 Fore Street (Cllr. Simpson) (deferred from last meeting).
- To consider a request for support from the St John Ambulance.
- Proposal to limit launchings at Portmellon between certain times at certain times of the year (Cllr. Facey).
- To consider a response to Cornwall Council’s Public Space Protection Order (dogs on beaches) consultation.
- To consider a request for support from the Merlin Centre.
- To consider the demand for the provision of allotments (Cllr. Whatty).
- To consider a request for support from the Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust.
- Date of next meeting: 17 October 2019.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.