MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday 21 November 2019 starting at 7pm.
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 17 October 2019.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To consider Planning Applications.
7a. PA19/07852 : Form decking and undercroft storage to infill void at rear of house. 4 Pentillie Way Mevagissey PL26 6QY
7b. PA19/08688 : Application to vary condition 2 in respect of decision PA17/12093 to add in-roof solar panels to the development. Longpoint Chapel Point Lane Portmellon Mevagissey Cornwall PL26 6PP
7c. PA19/09185 : Demolition and replacement of existing amenity block and utilities building. Heligan Caravan And Camping Site Pentewan St Austell Cornwall PL26 6EZ
7d. PA19/08774 : Listed Building Consent to remove a disused and damaged chimney stack completely, and restore the position it took by replacing with slate tiles to match the rest of the roof. 2A Chapel Street Mevagissey PL26 6SS
7e. PA19/09631 : Proposed tree works to T1 Oak. 8 Roberts Close Mevagissey PL26 6DX
7f. To consider a response to Ocean Housing’s planning application (PA16/09985) to update S.106 affordable housing clauses on their sites (incl. Shipbuilder Close) (Cllr. Shephard).
7g. To review planning enforcement cases.
7h. To consider planning issues and the way forward, to include possible arranging of a face to face with Gavin Smith (Cllr. Roberts).
7i. To consider licensing application LI19_007057 : Sale by retail alcohol. Boddingtons Berries.
7j. The following planning applications have been approved (included for information only):
PA19/06023 : Extend and expand existing deck area at the rear, replace existing panoramic picture window with bifold doors and replace existing lintel and roof. Netherway Penwarne Lane.
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||666.74|
|HMRC (PAYE & NIC)||£||182.38|
|Little Nippers (grant towards children’s Christmas party)||£||200.00||(paid)|
|Operate Valley Road PC November 2019||£||978.54|
|Operate West Wharf PC November 2019||£||1,039.58|
|Weed spraying (2nd treatment)||£||378.00|
|Valley Road PC hygiene services December-March||£||201.16|
|West Wharf PC hygiene services December-March||£||245.73|
|W. Wharf PC October waste collections||£||93.66|
|4 x delegates to Planning Conference||£||60.00|
|Remembrance Sunday wreath||£||20.00|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||99,469.65|
|Expenditure last month||£||3,012.87|
|West Wharf PC door money||£||2,265.00||Received|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||98,721.78|
|Available to spend||£||98,721.78|
|Bank Statements (01/11/2019)|
- To agree the Budget for Financial Year 2020/21.
- To set the Precept for Financial Year 2020/21.
- To receive an update on the proposed Community Land Trust and issues related to affordable housing (Cllr. Gann).
- To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences (Cllr. Facey).
- To consider whether to close the West Wharf disabled toilet during the winter months (Cllr. Facey).
- To receive an update from the Climate Emergency Working Group (Cllr. Shephard).
- To consider whether to participate in the 75th anniversary celebrations of VE Day co-ordinated by the SSAFA Armed Forces charity.
- To consider support for Friends of Pendower in opposing the anticipated development of the beach hotel site (Cllr. Roberts).
- To receive an update on land available for allotments (all members).
- To consider whether to accept the Air Ambulance’s invitation to visit and meet the crew.
- To consider a donation to the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal.
- Mevagissey parish social rented properties (Cllr. Whatty).
- To consider proposals for the next phase of the Community Network Highways Scheme.
- To consider a request for support from the Mevagissey Christmas Lights Committee.
- Date of next meeting: 19 December 2019.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.