MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre
On Thursday 15th October at 7pm.
Present Cllrs. M Roberts (Chairman), J Whatty, G Shephard, D Speed, S Hrydziuszka, M Facey, T Barron.
In Attendance Cllr. J Mustoe (CC), P Howson (Clerk), 1 member of the public.
UNRATIFIED UNLESS SIGNED
1a. Apologies received: Cllrs. N Florence, J Morgan, A Williams, J Daniel, J Barron.
2a. Declarations of interest. None. 2b. Gift Declarations. None.
- Police Report. It was noted that PCSO Hemming is currently unwell, hence no report was received.
- Dog Control Enforcement Report. For the period 17th – 30th September, David Palk, Enforcement Officer, reported: ‘Nothing of note to report , other than it has been a really successful season with no real aggravation. It has made the job very worthwhile with all the positive comments and ‘thank yous’ I have received’.
- Points from the Public. None.
- Minutes of last meeting.
Proposed by Cllr. Hrydziuszka, Seconded by Cllr. Facey that the Minutes of the meeting held on 17th September 2015 be Accepted. Carried.
- Actions from previous meeting:
- 2015/09/10i: Planning enforcement case EN15/01949 has been raised regarding the Longpoint patio.
- 2015/09/10j: Planning Conference at 4pm on Wednesday 28th October at The Pavilions, Royal Cornwall Showground, Wadebridge. Cllrs. Roberts, Morgan, Williams, Hrydziuszka and Speed attending.
- 2015/09/15: £400 quotation from George Mills for painting the memorial railings, to include 2 top coats, has been accepted, and work authorised.
- NOTE: A casual vacancy notice will be displayed on Monday, 19th October, for 14 working days. Unless 10 people request a bye-election, the vacancy can be filled by co-option at the next meeting.
- Ward Member’s report.
- Mustoe has received a commitment from Police Commissioner Hogg that a full-time replacement for PC Dunn will be in place by the end of this month;
- The Highways Department have confirmed that repainting of the outstanding white lines is in hand.
- Correspondence received.
- From Jo Widdecombe of situ8 planning consultancy seeking a meeting to discuss affordable housing;
- From Ms Sarah Vercoe of Portmellon, thanking MPC for the continued enforcement of the DCO this year;
- From Dr Peter Hingley of Portmellon, on the same subject.
10a. PA15/07167 : Listed Building Consent for various internal and external works. 5 Fore Street Mevagissey PL26 6UQ
Proposed by Cllr. Hrydziuszka, Seconded by Cllr. Speed that the Council is content to defer to the recommendations of the Planning Officer and Conservation Officer. Carried.
10b. PA15/08154 : Loft conversion to construct a one bedroom annex flat in the roof space of the main dwelling and create two further gables at the road side of the property and ridge the roofs back to the existing ridge.
23 Lavorrick Orchards Mevagissey Cornwall PL26 6TL. Proposed by Cllr. Shephard, Seconded by Cllr. Barron that the Council has no objections. Carried.
10c. PA15/08801 : Extension to form a garage and utility plus roof conversion to form bedroom and living room.
Linden Lea Tregoney Hill Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6RF. Proposed by Cllr. Shephard, Seconded by Cllr. Speed that the Council has no objections. Carried by 4 votes to 2, with 1 abstention.
10d. PA15/07594 : Replacement of existing window on East elevation with doors and a juliet balcony.
The Penthouse (Flat 5) Harbour Tavern Jetty Street Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6UH
Proposed by Cllr. Facey, Seconded by Cllr. Hrydziuszka that the Council cannot support the proposed glass balustrade, but that they would support close fitted railings of a more sympathetic design. Carried.
10e PA15/02928/PREAPP : Pre application advice for renovations to a listed building. 15 Tregoney Hill Mevagissey
The Council expressed its support for the proposed works.
The following planning decisions have been published (included for information only):
10f. PA15/05568 : Extension to garage with living room over plus conservatory.
Wingletang Tregoney Hill Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6RF APPROVED
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||647.37|
|HMRC (Income Tax & NIC)||£||207.67|
|Cruse Bereavement Care (grant award)||£||100.00|
|Children’s Hospice SW (in lieu of funeral flowers)||£||50.00|
|Footpath cutting (2nd cut)||£||90.70|
|Complete Weed Control (2nd spray)||£||360.00|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||26,307.35|
|Expenditure last month||£||862.60|
|plus Cornwall Council Planning Conference fee||£||50.00|
|Precept & CTS Grant (2nd payment)||£||16,511.20||received|
|Public conveniences fund contribution||£||450.00||received|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||42,453.23|
|Unpresented cheques (101193, 99)||£||92.50|
|Available to spend||£||42,360.73|
|Bank Statements (01/10/2015):|
NOTE: an additional cheque for £457.20 to cover printing costs has been issued.
Proposed by Cllr. Facey, Seconded by Cllr. Hrydziuszka that the accounts be accepted and the bills paid. Carried.
- To receive an update on the Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP). Cllr. Shephard reported that the public event this weekend will be the last formal consultation. There will be a meeting in early November to consider the feedback from the event and agree any final changes prior to formal submission of the NDP to Cornwall Council. The draft Plan is on the Parish Council’s website, where comments can be submitted.
- To receive an update on funding for public toilets. A total of £4,285 was received this year from local businesses towards keeping Valley Road toilets open until the end of September. They remain open, presumably by subsidy from the budget for West Wharf toilets. The West Wharf disabled/unisex toilet remains open until 31 March 2016.
- To receive an update from the affordable housing working group. At their inaugural meeting, Cllr. Florence was elected chairman and Cllr. Facey vice-chairman. They are looking at the required housing mix and Cllr. Whatty is arranging a meeting with CC and Ocean Housing to establish the rules for ‘swapping’ in and out of housing and for ensuring adherence to S106 agreements. Cllr. Shephard noted that there was little transparency in these areas. Cllr. Roberts noted that, in years past, a ‘Parish Register’of local people in need of housing had been maintained by the Clerk (in addition to the Homechoice Register), and it was agreed that this should be resurrected. It was also felt that the Council would prefer to deal directly with the Diocese of Truro, rather than their agent, in discussions over glebe land, and that the Clerk should approach the Diocese to request this.
- ‘Position statement’ on affordables for public meetings. It was agreed that if the absence of affordable homes policies in the NDP was questioned, the Council should point to its track record to date and stress its continued commitment, with the first steps towards Vicarage Hill Phase 3 now being taken.
- To consider a gesture of appreciation for setting up and maintaining the Parish Council website.
The Clerk to convey the Council’s vote of thanks in writing.
- To consider the response to the Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service Plan 2016/19 Consultation. Noted.
- To consider the replacement of the Portmellon seasonal dog ban signage.
Proposed by Cllr. Facey, Seconded by Cllr. Shephard that the signage be replaced. Carried.
- Proposal to assume responsibility for maintenance of the ‘public’ notice board in Church Street.
The Chairman reported that this was privately owned but provided for public use. No further action.
- The meeting ended at 8.55pm. Date of next meeting : 19th November 2015.
Signed …………………………………………………………………………….. Dated ………………………………