Parish Council News St Just in Roseland Parish Council

St Just in Roseland Parish Council Minutes – August 2019

Minutes of the Meeting of St Just in Roseland Parish Council held in the Millennium Rooms,

St Mawes on Monday 5th August 2019. The meeting commenced at 7.05pm.

 

Councillors Present: R Giles (Chairman), A. Chantrill, P Farmiloe, S Goldsmith, R. Hall, P. Salter, C Thornton-Parr, K. Warren and C Williams.

Also present: H. Couch (Clerk), J.Masters (Assistant Clerk), Julian German CC, and 4 members of the public

     

  1. To accept apologies for absence – Cllrs Sadler & Teague

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:
  2. a) Disclosable Pecuniary Interest – None declared
  3. b) Non-Registerable Interest – None declared
  4. c) Of gifts to the value of more than £25 – None declared
  5. d) To consider requests for dispensation on items on the agenda – None declared

 

  1. Open Period – Public Participation

It was agreed by a show of hands that Agenda Item 11d – Slipway to beach, Castle Drive would be moved to before item 9 on the agenda and that 2 members of the public would be allowed to speak then.

 

  1. Confirmation of the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 1st July and 15th July 2019.

The Council RESOLVED, by a show of hands by those who had attended the said meeting, that the minutes of the 1st July and 15th July 2019 meeting be approved by the Councillors who attended and they were duly signed by the Chairman.

The Clerk updated that Cornwall Council had not received any requests for the signage about the 5K run that is being advertised in St Mawes. Guidance was being sent by Cornwall Council to the clerk who agreed to pass this onto the organisers of the run.

 

  1. Report from the Clerk (Appendix 1) – A verbal report was given, this report will be circulated to Councillors with minutes. Cllr Giles requested that thanks was given to Graham Salter for the help he provided with resolving the issue in St Mawes Car Park with the drainage when time was critical on Regatta Day.

 

  1. Report from Cornwall Councillor – A verbal report was given which included information about future Budget discussions that are happening at Cornwall Council.

 

  1. Report from Councillors as representatives of other Committees
  • Cllr Williams – St Just and St Mawes Heritage Group
  • Cllr Goldsmith – REACT

 

  1. Correspondence (information only – Appendix 2) – Noted

The Chair gave a verbal account of the letter he has received from the management at Idle Rocks Hotel regarding alleged noise and disturbance.

Concern was raised over a hedge that is overgrown on upper castle drive. Cllr German requested a copy of the photographs and he would investigate.

 

11d. Slipway to beach opposite Castle Drive, St Mawes

A discussion took place about the slipway and confirmation that this is a public right of way which is shown on historic maps. It was agreed for the Clerk to send the owner an advisory letter.   

 

  1. Planning (Appendix 3)
  2. a) Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Applications
  • PA19/04923 – Cornerways, Trelawney Road, St Mawes – No objection
  • PA19/04823 – Riveria Gardens, Riveria Lane, St Mawes – Objection
  • PA19/05474 – Rising Sun Hotel, The Square, St Mawes – No objection
  • PA19/05599 – Barn North East of Messack House, St Just in Roseland – Objection

 

Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Local Council Protocol Letters

  • PA19/0823 – Riveria Gardens, St Mawes – Objection remains

 

b) Decisions of the Planning Authority

  • PA19/01406 – Sunner Corner, Lower Tregorland, St Just in Roseland – Withdrawn
  • PA19/03846 – Jasmine Cottage, 5 Chapel Terrace, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/04080 – Prydes Cottage, 20 Marine Parade, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/04923 – Cornerways, Trelawney Road, St Mawes – Approved

 

  1. c) Enforcement cases

 

A new enforcement list was provided.

EN19/01050 – Trecarrell, St Just in Roseland has been closed.

New evidence was provided for EN19/00714 – Carwarthen Farm, St Just in Roseland which will be given to Cornwall Council.

The Clerk was requested to instigate a building control check for the Lowen Meadow Planning Application.

The Clerk was requested to provide a full update on all open cases for the next meeting.

 

  1. d) To consider any planning correspondence

None

 

  1. e) Planning Training 16th July

Verbal update was received from Cllr Chantrill and Brian Willis.

 

  1. f) Lowen Meadow housing conditions

This was deferred to the next meeting to allow the Clerk more time to obtain information.

 

  1. Accounts and Finance (Appendix 4)
  2. a) The Council was asked to approve the following payments:

The Bacs were approved                                                                                            £ 32,346.48

Payments for ratification                                                                                                          £       0.00

Direct Debits/Debit Card/ Standing Orders shown as paid in July                                £ 4,056.63

Salaries for July paid in July                                                                                      £ 3,761.90

Income shown as received during July                                                                       £ 38,903.10

 

Approval of the payments of accounts was proposed by Cllr Salter and seconded by Cllr Chantrill. All in favour by a show of hands. RESOLVED by the Council.

 

  1. b) The council noted the monthly Car Park income for July 2019
           Pay & Display Pay & Display Permits Permits Total
  Monthly Cumulative Monthly     Cumulative   Cumulative
Jul – 18 32,712.40 95,991.10 2492.00 25,128.00 121,119.10
Jul – 19 32,313.10 96,948.80 625.00 35,612.00 132,560.80
  July 2019 comparable with 2018        
Up   957.70   10484.00 11441.70
Down 399.30   1867.00    

This includes £8832.10 (gross) taken on card payments.

 

  1. c) To note Finance Meeting – 1st August 2019 and receive any recommendations

Finance Meeting – 1st August 2019 noted.

 

Cllr Hall proposed “To accept the quote 2460x/DM from Microtest for £4174.24 which includes all hardware and professional services”. Seconded by Cllr Farmiloe. 8 in favour and 1 abstention.

 

  1. d) To consider any recommendations relating to finance – none

 

A letter from the St Mawes Harbour Lights and Firework Committee has been received. After a discussion the following proposals were received.

 

Cllr Goldsmith proposed “No donation to be made due to environmental issues” Seconded Cllr Thornton-Parr.

Cllr Farmiloe proposed “£350.00 donation to be made” Seconded Cllr Warren.

Cllr Salter proposed “£500.00 donation to be made” Seconded Cllr Giles.

 

The voting was done in reversal order-

£500.00 Donation – 3 For

£350.00 Donation – 4 For

No donation to be made due to environmental issues – 2 For

The resolution of the Parish Council is that a donation of £350.00 would be made to the St Mawes Harbour Lights and Firework Committee.

The bench by Harbour View in St Just in Roseland needs replacing. It was proposed by Cllr Giles and seconded by Cllr Warren. All in favour.

 

  1. e) To consider any grant applications received

No update from the applicant on the Roots to Wander Grant Application.

 

  1. Highways

An update was received from the meeting on 11th July 2019 with representatives from Cornwall Council. The expression of interest form has now been received and the Clerk will complete the form. It was agreed that the Clerk will contact all the other parishes on the Roseland to ask for support at the Community Network Meeting.

 

Posters have been placed around St Just in Roseland requested volunteers for the Community Speedwatch scheme. 3 names have been received but more are required. It was agreed to add to the Roseland Magazine.

 

Cllr Giles and Salter updated about the meeting that was held on the 2nd July with representatvies from Lowen Meadow regarding the culvert. We are awaiting written communication with a proposal.

  1. Environment

The Car Park Committee have met and heard a presentation from an Electric Car Charging company who has suggested three options that will help us move this forward.

The three suggestions are a) they fully fund, b) we fully fund or c) Shared funding.

Firm proposals should be with us shortly and we are encouraged by what we heard.

 

Cllr Goldsmith spoke about 5G effects and a long discussion took place.

 

The new bins have been delivered and we are currently working on different iniatives to improve recycling in the parish. This is an issue that the environment committee can help with.

 

The environment committee have been unable to meet so far, it was agreed that dates would be given to the assistant clerk so that a meeting can be arranged before the next full parish council.

 

  1. Future Meeting Dates

The date of the Roseland Cluster Meeting was agreed for Tuesday 17th September in the Millennium Rooms.

It was agreed that our response regarding the Roseland Neighbourhood Development Plan could be discussed on Monday 19th August after the Planning Meeting.

 

  1. Any Other Urgent Business

Cllr Giles has requested that the Brooklyn Terrace footpath is overgrown and contact has been made with our contractor.

  1. Next agenda item
  • Recycling
  • Bohella Bank

 

The next meeting will be held on Monday 2nd September 2019 at 7.00pm in Millennium Rooms, St Mawes.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.05 pm

 

 

 

 

 

Signed as a true record……………………………………..Chairman Cllr. R Giles

Leave a Comment