Parish Council News St Just in Roseland Parish Council

St Just in Roseland Parish Council Minutes – January 2019

Minutes of the Meeting of St Just in Roseland Parish Council held in the Millennium Rooms,

St Mawes on Monday 7th January 2019. The meeting commenced at 7.00pm.

 

Councillors Present: B. Sadler (Chairman), R Giles (Vice – Chairman), A. Chantrill, S Goldsmith, R. Hall, P. Salter, C Thornton-Parr, K. Warren and C Williams.

 

Also present: H. Couch (Clerk), Julian German CC, and 7 members of the public

     

  1. To accept apologies for absence – Cllrs Farmiloe and Teague

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:
  2. a) Disclosable Pecuniary Interest – None declared
  3. b) Non-Registerable Interest – None declared
  4. c) Of gifts to the value of more than £25 – None declared
  5. d) To consider requests for dispensation on items on the agenda – None declared

 

  1. Open Period – Public Participation

Three representatives from Plastic Free Roseland attended and gave background information regarding their grant application which is due to be discussed later on the agenda.

 

A resident expressed concern over Planning Application PA18/10650.

 

  1. Confirmation of the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 3rd December 2018.

The Council RESOLVED, by a show of hands by those who had attended the said meeting, that the minutes of the 3rd December 2018 meeting be approved, and they were duly signed by the Chairman.

 

Matters Arising: –

  1. Buckeys Lane – It was agreed that the Clerk should contact Cornwall Council and request that the one-way sign is investigated further and that the signage should match the opposite end of the road.
  2. Carols in the Castle – It was reported that the event was very successful and financial considerations would be discussed later in the meeting. 26 children of St Mawes School attended and gave a fantastic performance. All participants and the many helpers were thanked. The Charity this year was Gerrans and St Mawes United, they raised £337.00 and a letter of thanks has been received from them.
  3. Tree Preservation Order – A 6 month Tree Preservation Order has been placed to safeguard the valley woodland and its contribution to the local landscape and conservation area at Lowen Meadow.
  4. Compound Query – Cllr German will update again at the next meeting, investigation is currently being carried out.

 

  1. Report from the Clerk (Appendix 1) – A verbal report was given, this report will be circulated to Councillors with minutes.

 

  1. Report from Cornwall Councillor – A verbal report was given which included information about the Local Government Boundary Commission for England publishing their final recommendations for Cornwall which will come into place in the Cornwall Council Elections in 2021. We will now be in St Goran, Tregony and The Roseland.

 

  1. Report from Councillors as representatives of other Committees
  • Cllr Giles – Roseland Community Land Trust
  • Cllr Warren – Roseland Activity Centre. Cllr Warren was thanked for his contributions, as he is standing down from this committee.

 

  1. Correspondence (information only – Appendix 2) – Noted

It was agreed that the Community Governance Review be an agenda item for next month and the Clerk was requested to investigate any possibilities.

 

Following approval from Councillors – Agenda Item 10d was brought forward

 

10d) To consider any grant applications received

 

A grant application from Plastic Free Roseland has been received requesting £299.55.

Cllr Hall proposed to pay the full amount. Cllr Chantrill seconded. All in favour by a show of hands. RESOLVED by the Council.

 

  1. Planning (Appendix 3)
  2. a) Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Applications

48) PA18/11571 – River in Roseland, 27 Tredenham Road, St Mawes – Urgent repairs, refurbishment and re-build of existing boundary sea wall due to storm damage – Support the application to repair the sea wall.

49) PA18/11794 – Lamorran House, Upper Castle Road, St Mawes – Erection of conservatory & link to the NE elevation of the property – No objection to this application.

 

50) PA18/11806 – St Mawes Hotel, St Mawes – Three detached family rooms and one store – A time extension has been granted, as a site visit has been arranged for Monday 14th January at 11.00am.

 

  1. b) Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Local Council Protocol Letters

45) PA18/10978 – Haefen House, 1 Carrick Way, St Mawes, TR2 5BB – Proposed extensions and internal alteration works with dormers and extended raised decking. – Refer to Planning Committee.

 

c) Decisions of the Planning Authority

 

16) PA18/05443 – Land adj to Greenwaters, Freshwater Lane, St Mawes – Refused

18) PA18/03442 – The Old Watch House, St Mawes – Withdrawn

22) PA18/06410 – Homelands, St Just in Roseland – Approved

39) PA18/09180 – Miss Vs Cornish Cream Tea, St Just in Roseland – Approved

41) PA18/10063 – Lowena, 2 Carrick Way, St Mawes – Approved

42) PA18/10063 – Pasco’s Boatyard, St Just in Roseland – Approved

 

  1. d) Enforcement cases referred to Cornwall Council

EN18/01625 – Cornwall Council are on Step 5, Breach identified

EN18/02057 – Cornwall Council are on Step 4, Investigation

 

The Clerk was asked to keep a record of all enforcements and provide a monthly update.

 

  1. e) Planning correspondence

Dates – Monday 14th January – Site Visit at St Mawes Hotel @ 11am

Tuesday 15th January – Meeting with officers from Cornwall Council – Planning, AONB &     Neighbourhood Planning representatives & Julian German CC

Monday 21st January – Planning Sub Committee @ 5pm

 

  1. Accounts and Finance (Appendix 4)
  2. a) The Council was asked to approve the following payments:

The Bacs were approved                                                                                            £ 8,015.86

Payments for ratification                                                                                                          £           0

Direct Debits/Debit Card/ Standing Orders shown as paid in December                                  £  3,256.21

Salaries for November paid in December 2018                                                                       £ 4,022.41

Income shown as received during December                                                              £ 5,169.70

 

Approval of the payments of accounts was proposed by Cllr Giles and seconded by Cllr Sadler. All in favour by a show of hands. RESOLVED by the Council.

 

  1. b) The council noted the monthly Car Park income for December 2018
           Pay & Display Pay & Display Permits Permits Total
  Monthly Cumulative Monthly     Cumulative   Cumulative
Dec-17 £2,203.60 £180,632.70 0.00 £27,948.00 £208,580.70
Dec-18 £3,000.80 £177,741.64 0.00 £28,628.00 £206,369.64
  Dec 2018 comparable with 2017        
Up £ 797.20     680.00  
Down   £2,891.06     £2,211.06

This includes £929.70 (gross) taken on card payments.

 

  1. c) To consider any recommendations relating to finance.

 

After the successful Carols in the Castle event, Cllr Sadler proposed the following payments be made under S145 of the LGA 1972:-

St Anthony Noyse – £150.00

St Mawes School PTA – £100.00

Du Hag Owr – £50.00

Seconded by Cllr Salter.

All in favour by a show of hands. RESOLVED by the Council.

 

  1. Car Parks

Electric Car Charging Points were discussed and the Clerk is continuing to work on this.

 

  1. Highways Issues

It was reported that the yellow lines in Tredenham Road were in desperate need of repainting. The Clerk to continue with chasing this.

 

  1. St Just in Roseland Toilets

After discussion, it was agreed for the Clerk to arrange a meeting with the Community Network Manager to discuss options and possible funding streams in connection with St Just in Roseland Parochial Church Council.

 

  1. Chairman and Strategy for 2019

Cllr Sadler reported that she will not be standing again as Chairman at our May Annual General Meeting.

To be proactive and have a strategy for the forthcoming year was discussed and it was agreed that this should be an agenda item in May 2019.

 

  1. Zero Carbon Footprint

After discussion, Cllr Sadler proposed “In response to the Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Change declaring a Climate Emergency, the Parish Council will set up a working group to investigate options available”. 8 For, 1 Abstention. RESOLVED by the Council.

The Clerk was asked to organise a meeting.

 

  1. Parish Council Banner

It was agreed not to have a banner at this time.

 

  1. Any Other Urgent Business

The community lunch on Christmas Day was highly commended and it was agreed that the main organisers of the event should be sent a letter by the Clerk in recognition.

 

  1. February agenda items

Community Governance Review

 

The next meeting will be held on Monday 4th February 2019 at 7.00pm in The Millennium Rooms

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.58 pm

 

 

 

Signed as a true record……………………………………..Chairman Cllr. B Sadler

Leave a Comment