Parish Council News St Just in Roseland Parish Council

St Just in Roseland Parish Council Minutes – July 2019

Minutes of the Meeting of St Just in Roseland Parish Council held in the Millennium Rooms, St Mawes on Monday 1st July 2019. The meeting commenced at 7.00pm.

 

Councillors Present: P Salter (Vice-Chairman), P Farmiloe, S Goldsmith, R.Hall, B Sadler, C Thornton-Parr, P Teague, K. Warren and C Williams.

Also present: H. Couch (Clerk), J.Masters (Assistant Clerk) and 7 members of the public

  

  1. To accept apologies for absence – Cllr Giles (Chairman), Cllr Chantrill & Julian German CC

In the absence of our Chairman, Cllr Salter chairmed the meeting as Vice Chairman.

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:
  2. a) Disclosable Pecuniary Interest – None declared
  3. b) Non-Registerable Interest – None declared
  4. c) Of gifts to the value of more than £25 – None declared
  5. d) To consider requests for dispensation on items on the agenda – None declared

 

  1. Open Period – Public Participation

A resident updated the parish about a future planning that would be coming in shortly regarding work units in St Mawes, he was advised to keep us informed.

 

Community Governors from St Mawes Academy gave a verbal update on the achievements of the School over the last 6 months, this was extremely well received and Councillors were impressed with the wide range of activities and work being done by both dedicated staff and volunteers for our children. The grant that was given by the parish council is making a difference and the school thanked Councillors. The school website provides lots of information – www.stmawes.org.uk and you can sign up to receive their newsletter.

 

The Clerk gave a verbal update on Community Speedwatch on behalf of PC James Hosking. Work has been done over the last couple of weeks in locating sites in the parish and Devon & Cornwall Police have now agreed the scheme. The next step is to request volunteers who are willing to be trained, Clerk to put up posters and spread the word.

 

  1. Confirmation of the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 3rd June 2019 and matters arising.

The Council RESOLVED, by a show of hands by those who had attended the said meeting, that the minutes of the 3rd June 2019 meeting be approved by the Councillors who attended and they were duly signed by the Chairman.

Matters arising – Clerk read out the response regarding Article 4 Direction. It was agreed for Clerk to contact the football club with the response.

Signage – deferred to next meeting. A discussion took place regarding safety over the signs that have been put up on lamp posts about a run around the village of St Mawes. Clerk to investigate.

 

  1. Report from the Clerk (Appendix 1) – A verbal report was given, this report will be circulated to Councillors with minutes.

 

  1. Report from Cornwall Councillor –Cllr German was unable to attend but confirmed if there were any issues please let him know.

 

  1. Report from Councillors as representatives of other Committees

Cllr Williams – St Just & St Mawes Heritage Group

Cllr Goldsmith – Roseland Outdoor Activity Asssociation

 

  1. Correspondence (information only – Appendix 2) – Noted

A petition with 52 signatures on was handed in requesting that Hillhead is made more pedestrian friendly, particularly at the top of the junction between Hillhead and Polvarth Road. It was agreed that this would be discussed at the future meeting with Cornwall Council’s Highways department.

 

  1. Planning (Appendix 3)
  2. a) Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Applications held on 3rd & 17th June

PA19/03846 – Jasmine Cottage, 5 Chapel Terrace, St Mawes – No objection

PA19/04080 – Prydes Cottage, 20 Marine Parade, St Mawes – No objection

PA19/04704 – Flat 4, Peneglos, Riviera Lane, St Mawes – No objection

PA19/04590 – Homelands, St Just in Roseland – Objection

PA19/03626 – Merry Mead, Upper Castle Road, St Mawes – No objection

PA19/03333 – River in Roseland, 27 Tredenham Road, St Mawes – No objection

 

Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Local Council Protocol Letters – None

b) Decisions of the Planning Authority

 

  • PA19/03455 – Penolva, 40 Lower Castle Road, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/04209 – Newton Road, St Mawes – No objection (Erect 1 pole leg to create a H pole on an existing 11kv overhead line – was not asked to comment)
  • PA19/03415 – Sea Craig, 4 Carrick Way, St Mawes – Refused

 

  1. c) Enforcement cases (Appendix 5)

The clerk distributed an updated version of current cases.

 

  1. d) To consider any planning correspondence

None.

 

10.Accounts and Finance (Appendix 4)

 

  1. a) The Council was asked to approve the following payments:

The Bacs were approved                                                                        £ 4,726.88

Payments for ratification                                                                                   £          00

Direct Debits/Debit Card/ Standing Orders shown as paid in June                            £ 4,734.08

Salaries for June paid in June                                                              £ 3,768.97

Income shown as received during June                                                          £ 27,904.53

 

Approval of the payments of accounts was proposed by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Thornton-Parr. All in favour by a show of hands. RESOLVED by the Council.

 

  1. b) The council noted the monthly Car Park income for June 2019
         Pay & Display Pay & Display Permits Permits Total
  Monthly Cumulative Monthly     Cumulative   Cumulative
June – 18 £27,669.90 £63,278.70 £300.00 £22,636.00 £85,914.70
June – 19 £25,086.50 £64,635.70 £375.00 £34,987.00 £99,622.70
  June 2019 comparable with 2018        
Up   £1,357.00 £75.00 £12,351.00 £13,708.00
Down £2,583.40        

This includes £7,171.90 (gross) taken on card payments.

 

  1. c) To consider any recommendations relating to finance – none

 

  1. d) To consider any grant applications received

After a discussion it was proposed by Cllr Williams “In principal, to award the Roots to Wander Forest School a donation of £1000.00”. Seconded Cllr Thornton-Parr. All in favour. Cllr Williams will contact the Recreational Ground to discuss the best way forward.

 

  1. Highways Issues

The Clerk reported that a meeting with the developers has been requested to discuss the culvert for Lowen Meadow and a meeting had been arranged for 2nd July at 1pm. Cllr Giles and Salter to attend.

 

  1. Environment

Footpath Safety – No further action required

Bohella Bar Safety Rail – No further action required

Arcade Safety Rail – Clerk to obtain urgent quote for railings.

St Just Phone Box – Clerk to send letter of thanks and work with new volunteer.

 

Assistant Clerk gave a verbal update on Electric Car Charging points and was requested to set up a car park meeting to discuss fully and invite representative to provide information.

 

  1. Roseland Cluster Meeting

Notes from the meeting were distributed and this would be discussed on the 15th July.

  1. Policies, Constitutions and Procedures

The Freedom of Information request policy and Information available from St Just in Roseland Parish Council under the Model Publication Scheme has been reviewed and updated. It was proposed by Cllr Sadler “To adopt both documents”.Seconded by Cllr Warren. All in favour.

 

The Risk Management Policy and Strategy has been written, following CALC’s recommendation. It was proposed by Cllr Williams “To adopt the Risk Management Policy and Strategy”.Seconded by Cllr Hall. All in favour.

 

  1. Future Meeting Dates

After a discussion it was agreed to keep the full parish council meetings on the 1st Monday of each month and the Planning (when required) on the 3rd Monday of each month. It was agreed that on occasion the Clerk may struggle to produce a finance report due to the meeting on the 1st of the month.

 

  1. Any Other Urgent Business

None raised.

 

  1. August agenda item

Climate Change and Environment

Clerk was asked to organise an environment meeting before the next full parish council meeting.

 

 

The next meeting will be held on Monday 5th August 2019 at 7.00pm in the Millennium Rooms, St Mawes.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.56 pm

 

 

 

 

Signed as a true record……………………………………..Chairman Cllr. R. Giles

Leave a Comment