Parish Council News St Just in Roseland Parish Council

St Just in Roseland Parish Council Minutes – June 2019

Minutes of the Meeting of St Just in Roseland Parish Council held in the Millennium Rooms, St Mawes on Monday 3rd June 2019. The meeting commenced at 7.00pm.

 

Councillors Present: R Giles (Chairman), A. Chantrill, P Farmiloe, S Goldsmith, R.Hall, B Sadler, P. Salter, C Thornton-Parr, P Teague, K. Warren and C Williams.

Also present: H. Couch (Clerk), J.Masters (Assistant Clerk) and 11 members of the public

  

The chair opened the meeting by congratulating Julian German our Cornwall Councillor on becoming Leader of Cornwall Council.

 

  1. To accept apologies for absence – none

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:
  2. a) Disclosable Pecuniary Interest – None declared
  3. b) Non-Registerable Interest – None declared
  4. c) Of gifts to the value of more than £25 – None declared
  5. d) To consider requests for dispensation on items on the agenda – None declared

 

  1. Open Period – Public Participation

 

Several residents raised issues of concern with the speed of traffic in our parish, especially on Windmill Hill, Mill Hill, Polvarth Road and Upper Castle Road. It was important that any solution should have teeth and consequences.

 

A resident raised concern over the timings of work that is being carried out at the Lowen Meadow development. Bad language from the workers at the site has also been reported. It was agreed that the Clerk would raise an enforcement case regarding the alleged non compliance of permitted work timings. The Clerk was also asked to contact the site manager regarding the language.

 

A resident raised concern over footpath safety and it was agreed to add this for an agenda item next month.

 

A representative from St Mawes Fire Station gave an update of current workload and iniatives, highlighting the safeguarding work being carried out. Several road traffic accidents have occurred and the Clerk was requested to investigate wildlife warning signs. A honours board was requested for the station, Clerk to work with Fire Station and obtain quote for a future meeting.

 

It was agreed by a show of hands that item 12 (Highways – speed issues) will be brought forward to follow item 8 due to public concern.

 

  1. Confirmation of the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 7th May 2019 and matters arising.

The Council RESOLVED, by a show of hands by those who had attended the said meeting, that the minutes of the 7th May 2019 meeting be approved by the Councillors who attended and they were duly signed by the Chairman.

The Clerk updated that Cornwall Council had provided the responses from the planning department.

Cllr Farmiloe updated that Tavern Beach comes under the management of St Mawes Pier and Harbour Company.

 

  1. Report from the Clerk (Appendix 1) – A verbal report was given, this report will be circulated to Councillors with minutes.

 

  1. Report from Cornwall Councillor – A verbal report was given including information about the Truro & Roseland Community Network Meetings and their future meetings.

 

  1. Report from Councillors as representatives of other Committees

Cllr Sadler – Millennium Rooms and Roseland Visitor Centre

A discussion took place with regard to signage and advertising around the arcade, it was agreed for Cllr Sadler to have a further talks and report back.

Cllr Williams – St Just & St Mawes Heritage Group

Cllr Giles – St Mawes Co Partnership

Cllr Goldsmith – Roseland Outdoor Activity Asssociation

 

  1. Correspondence (information only – Appendix 2) – Noted

It was agreed that the Clerk contact Mitchell Property Developments with the following reply. St Just in Roseland Parish Council are happy for you to continue providing the engineer can come up with an acceptable solution, there is an indemnity and our solicitors are happy with the arrangements after findings.

 

  1. Highways Issues

Following concern raised by residents in the open period, the following was agreed

  • Cllr German to help arrange an open meeting with Cornwall Council Highways & Police
  • Clerk to investigate Community Speedwatch
  • Add Article in Roseland Magazine
  • Clerk to check with Hill Head and Windmill Hill to be resurfaced

 

  1. Planning (Appendix 3)
  2. a) Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Applications held on 7th May & 20th May
  • PA19/03085 – St Mawes Church, Church Hill, St Mawes – No objection
  • PA19/03455 – Penolva, 40 Lower Castle Road, St Mawes – No objection
  • PA19/03067 – Penros, 4 Rose Da Mar Cottages, St Just in Roseland – No objection
  • PA19/03415 – Sea Craig, 4 Carrick Way, St Mawes – Object
  • PA19/03614 – Highlands, 8 Carrick Way, St Mawes – No comment required

 

Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Local Council Protocol Letters

  • PA19/02877 – Gwel Tag, Penruan Lane, St Mawes – Agree to disagree

 

b) Decisions of the Planning Authority

  • PA19/02304 – Hotel Tresanton, Onda Victory Hall, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/02634 – Lower Tregorland, St Just in Roseland – Approved
  • PA18/11106 – St Mawes Hotel, 2 Marine Parade, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/01623 – West Warren, 17 Lower Castle Road, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/01624 – West Warren, 17 Lower Castle Road, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/00830/Preapp – Part field Number 2008, St Just Lane – Advice Given/Closed
  • PA19/02812 – 2 Ropewalk, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/02877 – Gwel Tag, Penruan Lane, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/02887 – Bransby Lodge, Upper Castle Road, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/03067 – Penros, 4 Rose Da Mar Cottages, St Just in Roseland – Approved
  • PA19/03614 – Highlands, 8 Carrick Way, St Mawes – Decided not to make a TPO

 

  1. c) Enforcement cases (Appendix 5)

The clerk distributed an updated version of current cases.

 

  1. d) To consider any planning correspondence

None.

 

10.Accounts and Finance (Appendix 4)

 

  1. a) The Council was asked to approve the following payments:

The Bacs were approved                                                                        £ 9,024.54

Payments for ratification                                                                                   £          00

Direct Debits/Debit Card/ Standing Orders shown as paid in May                             £ 4,070.62

Salaries for May paid in May                                                                £ 3,697.14

Income shown as received during May                                                           £ 26,174.31

 

Approval of the payments of accounts was proposed by Cllr Salter and seconded by Cllr Chantrill. All in favour by a show of hands. RESOLVED by the Council.

 

  1. b) The council noted the monthly Car Park income for May 2019
         Pay & Display Pay & Display Permits Permits Total
  Monthly Cumulative Monthly     Cumulative   Cumulative
May – 18 £21,777.45 £35,608.80 £3,490.00 £22,336.00 £57,944.80
May – 19 £22,193.10 £39,549.20 £1,550.00 £34,672.00 £74,221.20
  May 2019 comparable with 2018        
Up £415.65 £3,940.40   £12,336.00 £16,276.40
Down     £1940.00    

This includes £5918.80 (gross) taken on card payments.

 

  1. c) To consider any recommendations relating to finance – none

 

  1. d) To consider any grant applications received

It was agreed to pay for the St Johns Ambulance for the Carnival committee.

 

  1. Financial Year End 31st March 2019

Cllr Hall gave a verbal update on the Financial Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2019 prepared by the Clerk. An internal audit check has been completed and they have been audited by Steve Hudson Accounting.

 

Cllr Hall proposed to approve all the following documents :-

Income & Expenditure for year ended 31st March 2019

Balance Sheet for year ended 31st March 2019

Fixed Assets for year ended 31st March 2019

Bank Reconciliation for year ended 31st March 2019

Supporting Statement for year ended 31st March 2019

Annual Governance and Accountability for year ended 31st March 2019

Budgets Forecast for year ended 31st March 2020.

 

Seconded Cllr Chantrill. All in favour. Chair to sign all the documents as agreed and Clerk to file our return.

 

  1. Environment

After a long discussion it was agreed for the Clerk to add a notice in the Roseland Magazine about Seagull Proof Bags.

 

  1. Roseland Cluster Meeting

Wednesday 26th June at 4.00pm. A discussion took place to the content and it was agreed that the meeting was to decide if it was the wish of the parishes in the Roseland Neighbourhood Development Plan to review our current plan.

  1. Article 4 Directions

After a long discussion the Clerk was requested to contact Cornwall Council and obtain confirmation of the coverage in our parish and also specific conditions relating to helicopters.

 

16.Policies, Constitutions and Procedures

The Code of Conduct has been reviewed. It was proposed by Cllr Farmiloe “To adopt the Code of Conduct”.Seconded by Cllr Williams. All in favour.

 

The Freedom of Information has been updated and circulated, this will be on the next agenda item for adoption.

 

The Clerk gave a verbal update on the required Risk Management Policy and this is currently being worked on.

 

  1. Any Other Urgent Business

None raised.

 

  1. June agenda item
  • Footpath Safety
  • Freedom of Information
  • Future meeting dates

 

The next meeting will be held on Monday 3rd June 2019 at 7.00pm in the Millennium Rooms, St Mawes.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.00 pm

 

 

 

 

Signed as a true record……………………………………..Chairman Cllr. R. Giles

 

 

 

Leave a Comment