Parish Council News St Just in Roseland Parish Council

St Just in Roseland Parish Council Minutes – September 2019

Minutes of the Meeting of St Just in Roseland Parish Council held in the Millennium Rooms,

St Mawes on Monday 2nd September 2019. The meeting commenced at 7.00pm.

 

Councillors Present: R Giles (Chairman), A. Chantrill, P Farmiloe, S Goldsmith, R. Hall, B Sadler, P. Salter, P Teague, K Warren and C Williams.

Also present: H. Couch (Clerk), J.Masters (Assistant Clerk), Julian German CC, and 5 members of the public

     

  1. To accept apologies for absence – Cllr Thornton-Parr.

The Chair updated that due to personal reasons that Cllr Thornton-Parr has decided to resign with effect from the 31st September, normal procedures will be followed for the election process.

Cllr Salter was congratulated and thanked for his commitment on reaching a 44 year milestone as a Parish Councillor for St Just in Roseland Parish Council.

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:
  2. a) Disclosable Pecuniary Interest – None declared
  3. b) Non-Registerable Interest – None declared
  4. c) Of gifts to the value of more than £25 – None declared
  5. d) To consider requests for dispensation on items on the agenda – None declared

 

  1. Open Period – Public Participation

Nothing raised.

 

  1. Confirmation of the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 5th August 2019.

The Council RESOLVED, by a show of hands by those who had attended the said meeting, that the minutes of the 5th August 2019 meeting be approved by the Councillors who attended and they were duly signed by the Chairman.

 

  1. Report from the Clerk (Appendix 1) – A verbal report was given, this report will be circulated to Councillors with minutes.

 

  1. Report from Cornwall Councillor – A verbal report was given which included a reminder about the forthcoming Roseland Cluster Meeting on the 17th September at 2pm to discuss the Roseland Neighbourhood Development Plan.

 

  1. Report from Councillors as representatives of other Committees
  • Cllr Williams – St Just and St Mawes Heritage Group
  • Cllr Goldsmith – Roseland Activity Centre Association

 

  1. Correspondence (information only – Appendix 2) – Noted

The Clerk answered relevant questions and agreed to research about our current Section 106’s and how it works.

 

  1. Planning (Appendix 3)
  2. a) Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Applications
  • PA19/05774 – Braes, Newton Road, St Mawes – Objection
  • PA19/05731 – 8A Brooklyn Terrace, St Mawes – Objection
  • PA19/05863 – Freshwater Vean, Freshwater Lane, St Mawes – No comment requested
  • PA19/06191 – Spinnakers, 1 Pedn Moran, St Mawes – Objection
  • PA19/05550 – Land adjacent to Fire Station, Polvarth Road, St Mawes – No objection
  • PA19/05998 – Tresulian, Riveria Lane, St Mawes – No objection
  • PA19/06456 – Fairwinds, 3 Pedn Moran, St Mawes – No objection

 

Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Local Council Protocol Letters

  • PA19/04823 – Riviera Gardens, Riveria Lane, St Mawes – Agree to disagree
  • PA19/05731 – 8a Brooklyn Terrace, St Mawes – Agree to disagree

 

b) Decisions of the Planning Authority

  • PA19/03333 – River in Roseland, 27 Tredenham Road, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/04590 – Homelands, St Just in Roseland – Approved
  • PA19/05863 – Freshwater Vean, Freshwater Lane, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/04823 – Riveria Gardens, Riveria Lane, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/05731 – 8A Brooklyn Terrace, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/05889 – The Pavilion, Grove Hill, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/05599 – Barn North East of Messack House, St Just in Roseland – Granted (CAADs, PIPs and LUs only)

 

  1. c) Enforcement cases

The Clerk updated that she is encountering issues with the current enforcement system and the General Data Protection Regulations. A meeting is to be arranged with Cornwall Council and the Clerk. Cllr German agreed to look into cases. It was agreed to send further evidence regarding EN19/00714.

 

  1. d) To consider any planning correspondence

The clerk was asked to request an update about the culvert on Lowen Meadow.

 

  1. e) Neighbourhood Planning Update

A discussion took place and Councillors were reminded that this was the issue at the Roseland Cluster Meeting on the 17th September.

 

  1. f) Lowen Meadow Housing Conditions

A good debate took place, with residents views about shared ownership, full rental and other housing on the Roseland being taken into account.

Cllr Sadler proposed “To contact Live West with the following response – We would prefer to keep the current agreement at Lowen Meadow which included both shared ownership and rental, but if you cannot find anyone to take up residence after an agreed amount of time; on the shared ownership we would be happy to support a change to all rents”. Seconded by Cllr Williams. All in favour by a show of hands.

 

  1. Accounts and Finance (Appendix 4)
  2. a) The Council was asked to approve the following payments:

The Bacs were approved                                                                                            £ 9,239.41

Payments for ratification                                                                                                          £       0.00

Direct Debits/Debit Card/ Standing Orders shown as paid in August                           £ 20,844.37

Salaries for August paid in August                                                                                         £ 3,940.98

Income shown as received during August                                                                   £ 38,929.36

 

Approval of the payments of accounts was proposed by Cllr Salter and seconded by Cllr Chantrill. All in favour by a show of hands. RESOLVED by the Council.

 

  1. b) The council noted the monthly Car Park income for August 2019
           Pay & Display Pay & Display Permits Permits Total
  Monthly Cumulative Monthly     Cumulative   Cumulative
Aug – 18 36,733.20 132,724.30 1,100.00 26,228.00 158,952.30
Aug – 19 33,874.55 130,823.35 425.00 36,037.00 166,860.35
  July 2019 comparable with 2018        
Up       9,809.00 7,908.05
Down 2,858.65 1,900.95 675.00    

This includes £5,871.40 (gross) taken on card payments.

 

  1. c) To consider any recommendations relating to finance

 

  • Electric Car Charging – A quote has been received from EV Charging Cornwall if we wanted to purchase completely but we are awaiting the comparison quotes.
  • St Just Toilets – After discussion it was agreed that improvements will be needed during the winter. Cllr Giles and Assistant Clerk to investigate and report back to a future meeting.
  • A quote has been received to install railings by the road close to the Sailing Club for £486.00 plus vat. After a discussion, Cllr Farmiloe proposed “To contact the Sailing Club and ask their views about the proposal and sharing the cost” Seconded by Cllr Warren. All in favour by a show of hands.

 

  1. d) To consider any grant applications received

After a discussion, Cllr Chantrill proposed to invite Roots to Wander Forest School to the next meeting to discuss the details on the grant form. Seconded by Cllr Salter. All in favour by a show of hands.

 

  1. Highways

Cllr Chantrill gave a verbal update on the Community Infrastructure Levy, the Clerk was requested to investigate any implications for the Parish Council.

 

  1. Environment
  2. a) Environment Sub committee

A verbal update was given from the environment committee that met on Monday 2nd September and they agreed the following actions after a good discussion:-

Cllr Chantrill to investigate PV slates to see if there are more environmentally friendly

Cllr Williams to investigate a sustainable recycling system

Asssitant Clerk to investigate weed killing alternatives and courses

Cllr Goldsmith – to investigate the possibility of an environment day for the parish.

It was agreed that the Clerk should add an environment tip of the month to the Roseland parish magazine.

 

  1. b) Current Planters/Holy Well and Bohella Bank

After a good discussion the Clerk was requested to look into “sponsor a planter” for the planters in the parish. It was thought that the community may wish to be involved with more areas in our parish and self maintain and that this should be given some thought before renewing any contracts. Cllr Salter expressed an initial interest in maintaining the Bohella Bank.

 

  1. c) Recycling Provision

After a discussion about our current provisions in the parish, it was decided to add an agenda item to the Car Park Sub Committee to investigate any options to improve the recycling area.

Cllr Sadler agreed to work with Clerk to send a letter to accommodation businesses operating in the parish to remind them of their legal obligations regarding rubbish.

 

  1. Future Meeting Dates

Tuesday 17th September – Roseland Cluster Meeting to discuss Roseland Neighbourhood Development Plan.

 

  1. Any Other Urgent Business

After a show of hands standing orders were stopped to allow a member of the public to ask a question.

It was agreed for the Clerk to contact the concerned resident with a response to HillHead highway issues.

 

Standing orders resumed.

 

  1. Next agenda item

None

 

The next meeting will be held on Monday 7th October 2019 at 7.00pm in Millennium Rooms, St Mawes.

 

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.55pm

 

 

 

 

 

Signed as a true record……………………………………..Chairman Cllr. R Giles

Leave a Comment