MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday, 18 January 2018, starting at 7pm.
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- To receive the Police Report.
- Presentation by atelier3 architects of their clients’ proposals for the Steep House site at Portmellon.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 21 December 2017.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To receive Correspondence.
- To consider Planning and Licensing Applications.
10a. PA17/11678 : Proposal for a replacement low-energy architect designed dwelling. Former Seapoint House Hotel Battery Terrace Mevagissey PL26 6QS
10b. PA17/11588 : Construction of a detached dwellinghouse and garage. Land North Of 22 Portmellon Park Portmellon Park Mevagissey Cornwall PL26 6XD
10c. PA17/11432 : Construction of single-storey extensions, raised terrrace, new balconies, extension of existing dormer and alterations to existing dwelling (amended description). Little Treloen Polkirt Hill Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6UX
10d. PA17/11862 : Non material amendment for relocation of stairs and creation of additional bedroom on the upper floor to decision PA14/09387. The Annexe 62 Church Street Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6SP
10e. PA17/10472 : Listed building consent for resiting of staircase to upper floor and creation of staircase to lower level using the existing stairs which will be restored and creation of second bedroom on upper floor (amendments to layout approved under listed building consent PA14/09388 for the division of attached cottage from main property and general repair of the property). The Annexe 62 Church Street Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6SP
10f. PA18/00159 : Extension of existing rear dormer with bridge to connect loft floor to raised rear garden and front terrace with associated remodel. (Resubmission of PA17/08011). The Gables Trevarth Mevagissey PL26 6RX
10g. PA17/12256 : Replacement doors and guarding. The Sharksfin Olivers Quay Mevagissey PL26 6QU
10h. PA17/12257 : Listed building consent for replacement doors and guarding. The Sharksfin Olivers Quay Mevagissey PL26 6QU
10i. PA17/12093 : Revised design to dwelling approved under application PA17/00735 dated 29/03/17. Longpoint Chapel Point Lane Portmellon Mevagissey PL26 6PP
10j. The following planning applications have been APPROVED (included for information only):
PA17/10758 : Adjustment to the roof and reduction in some window sizes. Curlews, Penwarne Lane.
PA17/09865 : Removal of condition 4 in respect of decision 89/22/01320 (erection of 16 houses) to allow replacement of windows with PVC. 6 Polkirt Heights.
10k. The following planning enforcement cases have been closed:
EN16/02205 : Alleged unauthorised works to a Grade II listed building; namely replacement of pier into an archway. Tea On The Quay, West Wharf. PA17/11087 & PA17/11088 raised for retrospective consent.
EN17/02373 : Alleged installation of double gates, creating a new access not included in approved plans of PA16/ 08750. Compass Point, Polkirt Hill. Within permitted development rights therefore not expedient to pursue.
EN17/02374 : Alleged works not in accordance with approved plans of C2/07/01571 -Sedum roof covering on flat roof, glass balustrades, white render and local stone walls, landscaping/tree planting and the car park used for parking of vehicles only. Compass Point, Polkirt Hill. Superseded by subsequent PA approvals, therefore no breach.
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||648.33|
|HMRC (PAYE & NIC)||£||206.16|
|Valley Rd PC water charge 30/11/17 – 02/01/18||£||221.12|
|West Wharf PC water charge 30/11/17 – 02/01/18||£||538.87|
|Valley Rd PC electricity costs 01/10/17 – 31/12/17||£||54.26|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||70,013.60|
|Expenditure last month||£||9,452.09|
|Mevagissey Bay Association (towards PC operation)||£||4,827.05||Received|
|Bank interest to 30/12/17||£||6.45||Received|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||65,407.01|
|Available to spend||£||65,395.01|
|Bank Statements (01/01/2018)|
- To receive an update on the Neighbourhood Development Plan.
- To consider current affordable housing issues within the Parish.
- To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences, including long term provision at West Wharf.
- To approve funding for the installation of a soakaway outside Valley Rd PC and repairs to floor inside (Cllr. Facey – deferred from October meeting).
- To consider further the proposal to improve signage for places of interest within the village (Cllr. Blackmore).
- To consider emerging proposals for the future of the Mevagissey Electoral Division.
- To consider a request from the football club to engage an alternative contractor for pitch maintenance.
- Date of next meeting: 15 February 2018.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.