PARISH OF GERRANS
NOTICE OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
THE MEMORIAL HALL ANNEXE
TUESDAY 1st MARCH 2016 at 7.30pm
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purpose of considering and resolving upon the business as set out in the agenda.
Residents of the Parish are invited to attend and listen to proceedings. This is a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.
Steven Skull (Clerk) Dated this 25th February 2016
- Chairman’s statement in respect of The Openness of Local Government Bodies
- Apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interests in items on the agenda
- Disclosable pecuniary interests
- Non registerable interests
- Gifts to the value of more than £25.00
– to consider requests for dispensations on items on the agenda.
- Public participation
- Members of the public may address Councillors on any item for a maximum of
15 minutes and for no longer than 5 minutes per person.
– Address by Mr David Hall, Co-ordinator of the Wild Roseland Ecology Group
- Consider, and if approved, confirm the draft minutes of the meeting held on 2nd
- Review of the minutes of the previous meeting – items for report / discussion.
- Correspondence received
– Request from residents of New Road for the Council to supply and erect new
traffic signage at Junction with River Street
- Planning Matters
– Applications : 1. PA16/01196 – 37, Churchtown Road, Gerrans
- PA16/01190/1/2/3 – National Trust Car Parks
- PA15/11168 – Tatey Basin Farm (To consider letter from Case Officer)
- PA16/00128 – Tregaire Barton Farm
- PA16/00340/PREAPP – Herons Lea, Rosevine
– Decisions and enforcement matters
– Local Devolution Fund – update on potential acquistion and refurbishment of the
– Update on the lease/freehold of the children’s play area adjacent to Gerrans school
– Other localism issues, if any.
- Committee Representative Reports
- Tree Surgery
– To consider tenders for necessary works in the Parish
- Parish Car Parking
– To review the minutes of a joint meeting of the Finance and Car Parks committees
held on 18th February which met to discuss the future of Treloan Lane and New Road
car parks and the problem of parking congestion in The Square, Portscatho.
– To consider the latest offers from Cornwall Council in respect of the car parks.
– To consider the level of car parking charges in the Parish in the coming financial year.
– To consider a quote for works to resolve the problem of water run-off at New Road.
- Street Lighting
– Update on the potential provision of lighting on the path between Churchtown Road and
- – To consider the problem of rubbish bags left out at inappropriate times inviting seagull
damage and general street pollution.
- Financial Matters.
– Clerk’s report on status to budget of proposed payments for authorisation.
– To review and approve accounts for payment and bank reconciliation.
- Other Parish Matters
– Any urgent business.
– Agenda items for next meeting.
– Minor matters for report
Please note that any available plans for consideration under item 8 will be available for examination by the public from 7.15 pm.
Gerrans Parish Council,
2 North Parade, Portscatho, Truro TR2 5HH
Telephone 01872 580085