MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday, 23 November 2017, starting at 7pm.
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- To receive the Police Report.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 19 October 2017.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To receive Correspondence.
- To consider Planning and Licensing Applications.
9a. PA17/08915 : Erection of shed/summerhouse, garden tool store and glass canopy over front door. Compass Point Polkirt Hill Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6UX
9b. PA17/08905 : Change of use of existing holiday letting unit to unrestricted residential use. The Barn Treleaven Farm Valley Road Mevagissey PL26 6SA
9c. PA17/10459 : Non-material amendment (1) for correction of dimensions on approved drawings and minor modifications to fenestration and roof form following a re-evaluation of space in respect of Decision Notice PA17/00735 – demolish existing dwelling and garage, construct new dwelling, new garage and associated exterior landscaping works. Longpoint Chapel Point Lane Portmellon Mevagissey PL26 6PP
9d. PA17/09354 : Listed Building Consent to replace wooden porch structure with a new timber structure. 25 Tregoney Hill Mevagissey PL26 6RE
9e. PA17/08395 : Demolition of existing Garage/ Workshop and single storey extension and construction of double and single storey extensions incorporating new garage. Nampara Penwarne Lane Mevagissey PL26 6PF
9f. PA17/09865 : Removal of condition 4 in respect of decision 89/22/01320 (erection of 16 houses) to allow replacement of windows with PVC. 6 Polkirt Heights Mevagissey PL26 6TT
9g. PA17/10758 : Adjustment to the roof at the front of the building and reduction in some window sizes. Curlews Penwarne Lane Mevagissey PL26 6PF
9h. PA17/02809/PREAPP : Pre application advice for alterations and extension to existing. Chapel Point House Chapel Point Lane Portmellon Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6PR
9i. PA17/02815/PREAPP : Pre-application advice to replace existing building which is an eye sore in the setting of prominent listed building with a modest 2-bedroom dwelling. Penwarne Manor Penwarne Lane Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6PQ
9j. PA17/03052/PREAPP : Pre-application advice for a smoking shelter in pub beer garden. The Cellar Bar St Georges Square Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6UB
9k. PA17/03136/PREAPP : Pre-application advice for replacement of existing lattice mast with a new lattice mast, together with revised compound and fencing. Communications Station Ntl 13126 Higher Well Park Mevagissey Cornwall
9l. The following planning applications have been APPROVED (included for information only):
PA17/09004 : Erection of new garage. 8 Roberts Close.
PA17/08904 : Retention of two dwellings without compliance with previous conditions to allow permanent unrestricted residential use . The Barn, Treleaven Farm.
9m. The following Planning Enforcement cases have been notified (included for information only):
EN17/02073 : Alleged installation of solar panels in a conservation area. Land South Of 1 Battery Terrace.
EN17/02200 : Alleged unauthorised works to Grade II Listed Building – removal of staircase and kitchen, increase in size of first floor, increase in boundaries of car port, fence moved and trellis added. The Gig House, Elm Terrace.
- To approve the monthly finances.
Bills to Pay Salaries £ 648.34 HMRC (PAYE & NIC) £ 206.16 West Wharf PC water charge 05/10/17 – 31/10/17 £ 383.94 Valley Rd PC water charge 05/10/17 – 31/10/17 £ 433.24 Operate West Wharf PC 01/11/17 – 30/11/17 £ 507.00 Valley Rd PC hygiene services £ 186.00 West Wharf PC hygiene services £ 253.50 Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal (incl. donation £60) £ 80.00 TOTAL £ 2,698.18 Accounts Amount available to spend as of last meeting £ 75,595.67 Expenditure last month £ 3,579.34 Mevagissey Male Choir donation to toilet fund £ 25.00 Received LMP grant 2017 £ 512.45 Received Balance (money in bank) £ 72,553.78 Available to spend £ 72,553.78 Bank Statements (01/11/2017): Current Account £ 565.01 Deposit Account £ 71,988.77 TOTAL £ 72,553.78
- To agree the Budget for Financial Year 2018/19.
- To set the Precept for Financial Year 2018/19.
- To receive an update on the Neighbourhood Development Plan.
- To resolve 1) that any development on an exception site should provide for as near 100% affordable properties as possible; 2) that affordable homes should be valued such that they are truly affordable (in terms of local income) and available as affordable homes in perpetuity, whether rented or part-purchase; and 3) that any development on an exception site should be classed as ‘minor’ (Cllr. Shephard).
- To consider current affordable housing issues within the Parish.
- Operational review of the operation of the public conveniences.
- To approve quotations received for the operation of the public conveniences during the next Financial Year.
- To approve funding for the installation of a soakaway outside Valley Rd PC and repairs to floor inside (deferred from October meeting so that Cllr. Facey can explore further options).
- To agree a request from St Peter’s Church that they be allowed to erect a wooden nativity crib next to the Christmas tree in St George’s Square by the war memorial (as in previous years).
- To consider a proposal to improve signage for places of interest within the village (Cllr. Blackmore).
- To consider a request to provide financial support for ‘The Mevagissey Christmas Window Trail’.
- To fill casual vacancy by co-option.
- Date of next meeting: 21 December 2017.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.