MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday, 20 April 2017, starting at 7pm.
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
1. To receive Apologies.
2. To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
3. To receive the Police Report.
4. To receive the Chairman’s report from the Police Liaison Meeting.
5. Public participation.
6. To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 16 March 2017.
7. To receive the Clerk’s report.
8. To receive the Ward Member’s report.
9. To receive Correspondence.
10. To consider Planning and Licensing Applications.
10a. PA17/02255 : Proposed Dormer Bungalow on land between 33 and 37 Pentillie Way. Open Space Pentillie Mevagissey Cornwall
10b. PA17/02643 : Loft conversion, rear extension and front conservatory with balcony over. 7 Battery Terrace Mevagissey PL26 6QS
10c. PA17/02679 : Proposed partial demolition and construction of new extensions to form lounge, master bedroom, conservatory and entrance lobby. Waterside Polkirt Hill Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6UX
10d. PA17/00941 : Partial rebuild of workshop with alterations including new roof, new double doors to front, stairs to first floor and dormer window to rear. The Yard Land Lying To South East Of 28 Church Street Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6SP
10e. PA17/03388 : Listed building consent for partial rebuild of workshop with alterations including new roof, new double doors to front, stairs to first floor and dormer window to rear. The Yard Land Lying To South East Of 28 Church Street Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6SP
10f. PA17/00957/PREAPP : Pre application advice for amendments to construction of 3 dwellings as approved under PA13/02115 and the addition of 1 extra dwelling. Land Adjacent 38 Kiln Close Mevagissey Cornwall.
Note: this is not a consultation.
10g. The following planning application decisions have been received (included for information only):
PA17/01097 : Proposed Alterations and Extension to Dwelling. Invermore, School Hill. APPROVED
PA17/01684 : Proposed extension and replacement double garage. Glenbrook, 9 Cliff Street. APPROVED
PA17/01545 : Re-roof existing shed and additional parking. Penfose, Tregoney Hill. APPROVED
PA16/12193 : To erect 2 no dwellings and associated works. Ava House. APPROVED
PA17/00570 : Lawful development cert. for The Galley/Landahoy. The Cottage, Tregoney Ct. GRANTED
PA17/00735 : Replacement dwelling, garage and landscaping. Longpoint, Chapel Point Lane. APPROVED
PA16/12076 : Refurbishment, conversion and extension. 24 Fore Street. APPROVED
PA17/01323 : Conversion of chalet bungalow to 2 storey house. Curlews, Penwarne Lane. REFUSED
11. To approve the monthly finances.
Bills to Pay Salaries £ 648.33
HMRC (Income Tax & NIC) £ 206.16
Valley Rd. PC electricity supply 02/12/16-31/03/17 £ 72.94
Cornwall Association of Local Councils membership £ 601.26
Computing and office supplies, postage £ 158.39
iSightCornwall (grant) £ 100.00
St Peter’s PCC (grant for Tower & Spire printing costs) £ 350.00
Mevagissey Jubilee Hall Association (grant) £ 1,750.00
Mevagissey Activity Centre (grant) £ 1,750.00
Electrical installation at Valley Road PC £ 109.42
Valley Rd PC initial outlay and April cleaning £ 839.89
TOTAL £ 6,586.39
Accounts Amount available to spend as of last meeting £ 44,274.49
Expenditure last month £ 2,413.25
From Cornwall Council (PC water costs compensation) £ 3,453.98 received
Bank interest £ 3.36 received
Balance (money in bank) £ 45,318.58
Available to spend £ 45,318.58
Bank Statements (01/04/2017):
Current Account £ 630.22
Deposit Account £ 44,688.36
TOTAL £ 45,318.58
12. To approve the Annual Governance Statement.
13. To approve the Neighbourhood Development Plan prior to its submission to Cornwall Council (Cllr.Shephard).
14. To agree a response to the government white paper detailing proposals for planning reform (Cllr. Shephard).
15. To review issues and agree procedures relating to Valley Road public toilets (Cllr. Facey).
16. To approve spend on improvements to Valley Road public toilets.
17. To receive an update on negotiations with Lloyds Bank.
18. Consideration of response to CC Cllr. Malcolm Harris’s petition for devolved planning powers (Cllr. Florence).
19. To consider a request for financial support from the Women’s Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre (Cornwall).
20. To consider a request from Little Nippers for a grant towards tarmacking the paths to the classrooms.
21. Date of next meeting: 18 May 2017.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.