PARISH OF GERRANS
NOTICE OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
THE MEMORIAL HALL ANNEXE
TUESDAY 2nd August 2016 at 7.30pm All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purpose of considering and resolving upon the business as set out in the agenda.
Residents of the Parish are invited to attend and listen to proceedings. This is a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.
Steven Skull (Clerk) Dated this 28th July 2016
- Chairman’s statement in respect of The Openness of Local Government Bodies
- Apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interests in items on the agenda
- Disclosable pecuniary interests
- Non registerable interests
- Gifts to the value of more than £25.00
– to consider requests for dispensations on items on the agenda.
- Address by Mrs Kathy Manlove, manager of Trewince Holiday Lodges, on the subject
of the proposed management of Trewince Woodlands.
- Public participation
– Members of the public may address Councillors on any item for a maximum of
15 minutes and for no longer than 5 minutes per person.
- Consider, and, if approved, confirm the draft minutes of the meeting held on 5th July 2016.
- Review of the minutes of the previous meeting – items for report / discussion.
- Correspondence received
– Invitation to a service at St Gerrans Church on Sunday 7th August at 6.00 pm to
mark the opening of the flower festival and Royal Exhibition.
– Response from the management of the Plume of Feathers to previous correspondence.
– Any other correspondence
- Planning Matters
– Motion to suspend agreed procedure and allow review of planning applications in
the absence of input from the Planning Committee (This meeting only).
– Applications :
- PA16/06058 re 31 Gwarak Gwel An Mor
- PA16/05896 re Ansells, Rosevine
- PA16/06386 re Droskyn, Rosevine
- PA16/05798 re 37 Churchtown Road
– Decisions and enforcement matters
– Appeal : re PA16/03467 (refused) – Ansells, Rosevine
– Update on new bid for devolution project funding at Gerrans playground.
– Other localism issues, if any.
- Committee Representative Reports
- Parish Car Parking
– Update on proposed scheme to remedy dangerous parking at Victoria Terrace
– Update on parking enforcement and to consider available options
– To consider a quote for rebuilding a section of perimeter hedge at New Road car park.
– To consider the issues of long term parking and private motor repairing at Treloan Lane
- Church Close
– To consider a design submission and quote for play equipment.
- New Road
– To consider what action may be taken in respect of the collapsing retaining wall
- Financial Matters.
– Clerk’s report on status to budget of proposed payments for authorisation.
– To review and approve accounts for payment and bank reconciliation.
- Other Parish Matters
– Any urgent business, agenda items for next meeting, minor matters for report
Please note that any available plans for consideration under item 9 will be available
for examination by the public from 7.15 pm.
Gerrans Parish Council,
2 North Parade, Portscatho, Truro TR2 5HH
Telephone 01872 580085