Gerrans Parish Council
MINUTES of an Extraordinary General Meeting of Gerrans Parish Council
held on Tuesday 27th November 2018 at 7.30 pm in the Memorial Hall Annexe
Cllrs Ralph German (RG), Will Gill (WG), Rick Iddison (RI), Nev Meek (NM), Val Neal (VN), Charlotte Taffinder (CT- Chairman), Mary Watson (MW); S Skull (Clerk).
9 members of the public attended.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllrs Cochrane, Hastings, Hetherington. CCJulian German
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
Application ref PA18/05368 – 2, The Quay, Portscatho
– To consider a response to a Local Council Protocol Letter received from Cornwall Council’s Planning and Sustainable Development Service and its attached revised plans.
Councillors had objected to the original submitted application. The Case Officer had informed them by means of this letter that he was minded now to recommend approval of the application following the submission of revised plans. The Council was invited to:
(a) agree with his recommendation
(b) agree to disagree, or
(c) maintain its objection and request that the application be determined by the Planning Committee.
The clerk read out 3 emails from parishioners objecting to the revised application.
He then read out a detailed submission in support of the application from Lisa Solly, of Situ8 Ltd Planning Consultancy.
After discussion the Council voted unanimously to select option (c) in the Protocol Letter and maintain its objection to the application, with a request that the matter be determined by the Planning Committee (Proposed RG, seconded NM).
In addition to the Council’s original objections under the Roseland Neighbourhood Development Plan (RNDP) Policies CV3 and SF1:
- Non-compliance with RNDP Policy LA2 – Local landscape character
- Non-compliance with RNDP Policy HO9 (iv) – Extensions and annexes
- Non-compliance with RNDP Policy CV1 (i), (ii) and (iii) – Village character
- Non-compliance with RNDP Policy GP1 (i) and (ii) – Sustainable development
- Non-compliance with RNDP Policy GP2 (iii) – Design and character of the Roseland
- Failure to provide evidence to satisfy the criteria set out in para 5.2 of the Roseland Character Guide.
The clerk was asked to reply to the Protocol Letter setting out the Council’s position. Action clerk
CLOSE OF MEETING
The Chairman declared the meeting closed at 8.02 pm.