MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held as a virtual meeting on Thursday 22 October 2020 starting at 7pm.
To join the meeting click on the link below or cut and paste it into your browser command line:
Meeting ID: 838 4920 9484 Passcode: 820020
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Presentation by Dr James McClure of St Austell Health Care on plans for the Mevagissey surgery.
- Presentation by Owen Beynon of Alan Leather Associates on proposals to develop the Waterside, Polkirt Hill site into holiday apartments.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 17 September 2020.
- To accept the minutes of the extraordinary meeting held on 8 October 2020.
- To accept the minutes of the extraordinary meeting held on 15 October 2020.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- Planning and Enforcement.
11a. PA20/02210 : Construction of a terrace of three houses and a detached one and a half storey house, reconstruction of existing pedestrian access and adaption of existing car parking (previously approved under PA18/08553) (amended plans). Land Adjacent 38 Kiln Close Mevagissey PL26 6TP
11b. PA20/07047 : Work to various tree species – to cut back overhanging foliage – 1 metre from boundary no tree felling within a Tree Preservation Order(TPO). Woodland West Of Mevagissey Fire Station Valley Road Mevagissey Cornwall PL26 6RZ
11c. PA20/07946 : Proposed loft conversion to include front and rear dormers with proposed balcony and internal alterations. Shangri La Valley Road Mevagissey PL26 6SB
11d. PA20/07317 : INSTALL REPLACEMENT WINDOWS TO FRONT OF PROPERTY. Sweet Thunder Cliff Street Mevagissey PL26 6QH
11e. PA20/07318 : LISTED BUILDING CONSENT TO INSTALL REPLACEMENT WINDOWS TO FRONT OF PROPERTY. Sweet Thunder Cliff Street Mevagissey PL26 6QH
11f. PA20/08158 : Application for tree works: works to trees subject to a tree preservation order: removal of dead branches that overhang the road and are also likely to bring down telephone lines. Both the oak trees on the bank have deadwood to remove. Beachcomber Old Boatyard Portmellon Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6PN
11g. To consider the latest information received and agree a way forward on PA20/04346 : 15 Polkirt Hill.
11h. To receive an update on planning enforcement cases.
- i) Property 1 at Portmellon;
- ii) Property 2 at Portmellon;
iii) Landscaping at properties on School Hill;
- iv) WC and boat storage at Portmellon car park.
11i. No planning decisions have been received.
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||970.73|
|Monthly subscription to Zoom||£||14.39|
|Attendants at PCs 26/09/20 – 02/10/20||£||870.00||(paid)|
|Attendants at PCs 03/10/20 – 09/10/20||£||820.00||(paid)|
|Recycling bank branded stickers||£||46.85||(paid)|
|Valley Road PC water 04/08/20 – 29/09/20||£||1,483.70||(paid)|
|West Wharf PC water 03/09/20 – 29/09/20||£||298.14||(paid)|
|Operate Valley Road PC October 2020||£||996.15||(paid)|
|Operate West Wharf PC October 2020||£||1,058.29||(paid)|
|Valley Rd PC electricity 02/09/20 – 01/10/20||£||23.04||(paid)|
|West Wharf PC September waste collections||£||83.90|
|Covid-related September waste collections from West Wharf||£||996.00|
|Covid-related September waste collections from Kiers||£||690.00|
|Cardboard recycling bank collection||£||44.16|
|Attendants at PCs 10/10/20 – 16/10/20||£||860.00||(paid)|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||90,497.83|
|Expenditure last month||£||8,458.21|
|plus Attendants at public toilets 19/09/20 – 25/09/20||£||870.00|
|Covid-related July waste collections from West Wharf||£||996.60|
|Covid-related August waste collections from West Wharf||£||943.20|
|Covid-related August waste collections from Kiers||£||870.00|
|Hand soap, hand gel, refuse sacks||£||121.00|
|External audit fee||£||360.00|
|Precept and CTS grant (2nd payment)||£||38,363.23||Received|
|Grant for social distancing signage and street markings||£||1,020.00||Received|
|Available to spend||£||117,264.36|
|Bank Statements (01/10/2020)|
- To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences (Cllr. Facey).
- To receive an update on the proposed Community Land Trust and issues related to affordable housing (Cllr. Gann).
- To review the operation of the temporary one-way system on Polkirt Hill (Cllr. Facey).
- To receive an update on litter bins (Cllr. Morgan).
- To receive an update from the Climate Emergency Working Group (Cllr. Whatty).
- To receive an update on the operation of the recycling banks (Cllr. Facey).
- To consider a response to the government consultation on proposals for reform of the planning system in England – Planning for the Future (Cllr. Shephard) (deferred from the September meeting); and to consider CALC’s request for local councils to write to Cornish MPs regarding this consultation.
- To consider the creation of a Planning Committee (Cllr. Shephard) (deferred from the September meeting).
- To consider supporting a bid from the ‘Our Only World’ conservation charity for CIL funding to provide a water bottle refill station on the harbour.
- To consider a request for support from the Merlin Centre.
- To consider a request from Little Nippers for a contribution towards children’s Christmas gifts.
- Proposal to set up a working group to explore longer term solutions for traffic congestion in Fore Street (Cllr. Facey).
- To consider entering a contract with Ocean Housing to secure regular maintenance of the Wesley Court area (Cllr. Roberts).
- To receive an update on the dangerous cliff above Glanville House, East Quay (Cllr. Roberts).
- To consider a response to Cornwall Council’s survey regarding dogs on beaches.
- To consider acceptance of a quotation for the operation of the public toilets next year.
- Proposal to review waste recycling and disposal for businesses in Mevagissey (Cllr. Gann).
- Proposal to create a social media presence for the Council (Cllr. Gann).
- To consider participation in the ‘We’re Watching You’ anti-dog fouling campaign.
- To agree the ‘Christmas free parking day’ in Cornwall Council operated car parks.
- To fill by co-option the casual vacancies on the Council.
- Date of next meeting: 19 November 2020 (virtual meeting unless advised otherwise).
NOTE: This is the fourth Thursday in the month.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public.