MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday 20 February 2020 starting at 7pm.
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Presentation by Julian Waring, Regional Fundraising Manager of the Fishermen’s Mission.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the extraordinary meeting held on 13 February 2019.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- Planning and Enforcement.
8a. To receive the report from the meeting with the Area Planning Group Leader (Cllr. Roberts).
8b. To receive details of a possible alternative solution for the Tall Trees site (Cllr. Roberts).
8c. PA20/00127 : Removal of conditions 4, 5 and 7 under PA18/10377 dated 20/03/2019 for the sub-division of the existing site and construction of a highly sustainable 2-bedroom dwelling. Nikaria Cliff Street Mevagissey PL26 6QW
8d. PA20/00281 : Alterations to windows and doors in east and south facing elevations. Rope House 55 Cliff Street Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6QL
8e. PA19/11011 : Retrospective Listed Building Consent for replacement roof previously completed without consent. 11A Fore Street Mevagissey St Austell PL26 6UQ
8f. PA19/10659 : Conversion of Loft space with alterations to 1st floor to accommodate stair access. Increase in decking size to rear of property (amended plans). 3 Coastguard Station Mall Access To Coastguard Station Mevagissey PL26 6QP
8g. PA19/08137 : Proposed demolition and replacement of existing dwelling (amended plans). Centernhay Cottage 1 Tregoney Court Mevagissey PL26 6RN
8h. PA20/00723 : Retrospective permission for a shed on existing deck area. 7 Polkirt Heights Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6TT
8i. To review planning enforcement cases.
8j. The following planning decisions have been received (included for information only):
PA19/08522 : Proposed extension. Rowards, Chapel Point Lane, Portmellon. APPROVED
PA19/10805 : New bungalow to be built in garden plus garage. Sunrise, Trevarth. APPROVED
PA19/05283 : Vary C2 of PA15/10218 – variation to roof design. 2 Church Lane. WITHDRAWN
PA19/03674 : To replace doors to boatyard workshop. John Moors Boatbuilder, Gurnards Quay. WITHDRAWN
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||970.74|
|HMRC (PAYE & NIC)||£||242.60|
|West Wharf PC water charges 06/02/19 – 03/01/20||£||4,094.86||(paid)|
|Operate Valley Road PC February 2020||£||978.54|
|Operate West Wharf PC February 2020||£||1,039.58|
|Valley Road PC hygiene services April-June||£||201.16|
|West Wharf PC hygiene services March-June||£||245.73|
|Office costs (phone top-up)||£||10.00|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||88,449.85|
|Expenditure last month||£||6,611.83|
|plus replacement locks and door repair at both PC sites||£||226.00|
|From Little Nippers (balance for new decking)||£||1,399.80||Received|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||83,011.82|
|Available to spend||£||83,011.82|
|Bank Statements (01/02/2020)|
- To receive an update on the proposed Community Land Trust and issues related to affordable housing (Cllr. Gann).
- To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences (Cllr. Facey).
- To consider whether to close the West Wharf disabled toilet during the 2020/21 winter months (Cllr. Facey).
- To receive an update from the Climate Emergency Working Group (Cllr. Nathan).
- To receive an update on land available for allotments (all members).
- To finalise the application for the next phase of the CNP highways scheme.
- To receive an update on the surgery (Cllr. Roberts).
- To consider a request from the Feast Week Committee for pots of flowers to be placed in the war memorial garden.
- To consider a request for support from Cruse Bereavement Care.
- To consider a request for support from Gorran Rainbows.
- To consider a request for support from Tanya’s Courage Trust.
- To discuss traffic management on Polkirt Hill (Cllr. Morgan).
- To consider refurbishment of memorial bench on East Wharf, donated by the Parish Council (Cllr. Roberts).
- To consider a request for support for printing the Fishermen’s Mission’s new book.
- Date of next meeting: 19 March 2020.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.