Gerrans Parish Council Parish Council News

Gerrans Parish Council Minutes – October 2018

Gerrans Parish Council

MINUTES of the Meeting of Gerrans Parish Council
held on Tuesday 2nd October 2018 in the Memorial Hall Annexe

NEXT MEETING – Tuesday 6th November 2018 at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall Annexe

Present:

Cllrs Richard Cochrane (RC), Ralph German (RG), Will Gill (WG), Helen Hastings (HH), James Hetherington (JH), Rick Iddison (RI), Nev Meek (NM), Charlotte Taffinder (CT- Chairman); CC Julian German (JG), S Skull (Clerk).

 

1 member of the public attended.

 

101801

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllrs Edwards, Neal, Watson.

101802

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

– None

101803

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

JG reported that the requested speed monitoring exercise on New Road and Churchtown Road had been approved and would commence soon.

101804

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The Council unanimously accepted the draft minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 4th September 2018 as being a true record. CT signed the approved minutes.

101805

REVIEW OF MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING – MATTERS ARISING

The clerk reported that :

– In response to a complaint submitted as a result of reported spillages from the green waste recycling lorry (September minute ref 091803) the contractor, Biffa, had written to say that physical modifications had now been made to all lorries such that spillages of fluid will not occur in future. Biffa further said they had monitored recent collections to verify the issue had been successfully resolved.

– The issues about the fence at Treloan Lane car park and ground disturbances on the neighbouring farmer’s land had been resolved to the farmer’s satisfaction but there remained a problem with weeds growing on the field side of the bank on the east side. He proposed to ask the PC’s contractor to strim the bank down before the winter. NM suggested this might be a suitable site for the Roseland Wild Flower project. The clerk said he would contact the project’s organiser. Action clerk

– All the recycling bins in Treloan Lane car park have now been moved further away from the hedge to allow access to both sides of the bins.

101806

CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

  1. Sarah Newton MP

Response to the PC’s email of 23rd August (August minute 081806 refers) expressing dissatisfaction with her decision to cancel a scheduled cluster meeting at 48 hours’ notice because she felt that a potential future meeting involving a Minister would be more useful.

Councillors considered the response still failed to address the point that they wished to discuss with their own elected MP why the government was failing to uphold its own stated policies on Neighbourhood Plans, and agree a joint strategy for holding Ministers to account. The clerk was asked to draft for approval a further response to that effect. Action clerk

  1. Cornwall Association of Local Councils (CALC)

Notification of an appeal from Crantock Parish Council for help with funding a judicial review of a Cornwall Council planning decision which is alleged to be inconsistent with Crantock’s approved Neighbourhood Plan.

The email also contained Crantock PC’s summary of the case involved. After a discussion the clerk was asked to write to CALC to enquire whether a mechanism could be set up whereby cases such as this could be addressed on a joint basis rather than the burden falling on individual Parishes case by case. Action clerk

 

 

 

101807

PLANNING MATTERS

(a) APPLICATIONS

Members considered a Local Council Protocol Letter from the Planning Officer dealing with PA18/07395, the proposed extensions and internal alterations at Higher Tregassa Barn, to which the PC objected at September’s meeting). Members agreed (7 in favour, 1 against) to agree to disagree with the Officer’s intention to approve the application, despite the Officer’s comments in the letter. Action clerk to inform the Officer

(b) DECISIONS

Application GPC comment CC Decision
PA18/07355 – Re Tyendra, 20 Churchtown Road support approved

(c) ENFORCEMENT MATTERS

– Nothing to report

101808

COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVE REPORTS

– None this month.

101809

LOCALISM

JG reported that the PC’s preferred option for applying the devolved budget for Cornwall Council’s Community Network Highways Scheme (July minute 071809 refers) had not been adopted because of technical and legal issues.

101810

FINANCIAL MATTERS

AUDIT

The clerk reported he had received and published online and on the Parish notice boards the Notification of the Conclusion of Audit of the Annual Return for y/e 31st March 2018 from the PC’s external auditors.

ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

The clerk reported that all payments submitted for approval were materially within budget, or within forecast and agreed contingency levels where actual figures were unknown at the time of setting the budget.

It was resolved that the outstanding invoices totalling £18,483.97 (including VAT of £2,196.31) be paid. A schedule of all the payments is available from the clerk.

BANK RECONCILIATION

The reconciled bank balance as at 25th September was £71,499.45.

101811

OTHER PARISH MATTERS

  1. Any urgent business

– None

  1. Matters to be included on the next agenda (not heretofore minuted)

– Proposal to reinstate some seating on Gerrans Green and to establish a Petanque ground.

  1. Minor items for report

RG reported overgrown shrubbery on Churchtown Road between the Cricket field and the Old Chapel.

NM reported a failure to maintain footpaths and a village green at OS reference 185820/32648 near St Anthony. HH suggested requesting a meeting with the National Trust to discuss the matter. It was agreed to put this on November’s agenda. Action clerk

CT said she would arrange a meeting of the Playground Committee to discuss future improvements following the PC’s acquisition of the freehold.

 

The meeting closed at 8.24 pm

 

Leave a Comment