MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held as a virtual meeting on Thursday 21 January 2021 starting at 7pm.
To join the meeting click on the link below or cut and paste it into your browser command line:
Meeting ID: 876 4601 6353 Passcode: 177447
The order of business is given below (note that all planning matters will be dealt with at a separate meeting).
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 17 December 2020.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||970.73|
|Monthly subscription to Zoom (repaid to Clerk)||£||14.39|
|Parish phone top-up (repaid to Clerk)||£||10.00|
|West Wharf PC electricity 02/12/20 – 01/01/21||£||24.21||(paid)|
|Valley Road PC electricity 02/12/20 – 01/01/21||£||27.45||(paid)|
|Operate Valley Road PC January 2021||£||905.34|
|Operate West Wharf PC January 2021||£||941.50|
|Service glass recycling bank December 2020||£||150.00|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||107,538.81|
|Expenditure last month||£||4,638.68|
|plus West Wharf PC water 03/11/20 – 14/12/20||£||128.12|
|S W Water Watershare+ Benefit||£||20.00||Received|
|Available to spend||£||102,794.67|
|Bank Statements (01/01/2021)|
- To receive a report from Cllr. Morgan on arrangements for the inspection of the Nare Court viewing platform by the original engineer, and to assess whether information received on the potential costs of ongoing inspection and maintenance is now sufficient to inform a decision on the purchase of the platform.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Facey on issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences, including the latest plans for the proposed refurbishment of the Valley Road block.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Gann on the proposed Community Land Trust and issues related to affordable housing.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Whatty on the activities of the Climate Emergency Working Group.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Facey on the operation of the recycling banks.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Facey on progress in setting up a working group to explore longer term solutions for traffic congestion in Fore Street.
- To receive a report from Cllr. Gann on proposals to improve waste recycling and disposal for businesses.
- To consider a proposal from Cllr. Gann for the creation of a social media presence for the Council (deferred from last meeting).
- To receive a report from Cllrs. Whatty and Shephard on liabilities likely to arise from the adoption of a beach management plan for Portmellon, and to agree the scope of such a plan.
- To consider a response to Cornwall Council’s Climate Emergency Development Plan Document Proposed draft, Renewable Energy & Sustainable Construction policies and evidence (Cllr. Leiser).
- To consider a response to Cornwall Council’s Standards Committee’s consultation on proposed changes to the model Code of Conduct.
- To consider a request from the Headteacher of Mevagissey School for financial assistance in the purchase of reading material for children’s extra-curricular activities.
- To fill by co-option the casual vacancies on the Council.
- Staff annual salary review (in closed session).
- Date of next (non-planning) meeting: 18 February 2021 (virtual meeting unless advised otherwise).
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public.