MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday 15 August 2019 starting at 7pm.
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Presentation by Tristan Netherton of the Rowing Club’s plans for the proposed Mevagissey Sea Shanty Festival to be held on 18-19 October.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 18 July 2019.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To consider Planning Applications.
8a. PA19/05756 : Listed building consent for replacement of ground floor kitchen window at rear side of house with double glazed hardwood sash window. 9 Bank Terrace Mevagissey PL26 6QZ
8b. PA19/03836 : New layout for car park for four cars for flats 1, 2, 3 and 4 plus three sheds. Allocated space for bins and recycle containers (amended plans). Beach House Portmellon Mevagissey Cornwall PL26 6PN
8c. PA19/05491 : Retrospective Listed Building Consent to paint original stone rubble exterior with breathable masonry paint. Colour change from white to cream. Installation of secondary glazing (internally) to original sash windows using sash-style acoustic glass. 1 Jetty Street Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6UH
8d. PA19/06468 : Non Material Amendment for the Installation of Roof Solar Panels to Front Elevation of decision PA17/12093. Longpoint Chapel Point Lane Portmellon Mevagissey Cornwall PL26 6PP
8e. PA19/05311 : Submission of details to discharge conditions 5, 8 and 9 in respect of decision notice PA18/08553. Land Adjacent 38 Kiln Close Mevagissey PL26 6TP (further plans expected).
8f. PA18/09651 : Residential development comprising 26 units. Land At Vicarage Hill Mevagissey (latest update).
8g. PA19/01695/PREAPP : Pre application advice for Conversion to a single residential unit and two private parking spaces to the front. Mevagissey Cemetery Chapel Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6SY (not a consultation),
8h. An Appeal against Refusal has been made for the following: PA18/06586 : Outline application with some matters reserved for erection of one detached house. Park Cottage Portmellon Mevagissey PL26 6PL (for information).
8i. To review planning enforcement cases.
8j. The following planning decisions have been received (included for information only):
PA19/03600 : Replacement of doors and windows with UPVC. 2 Polkirt Heights. APPROVED
PA19/05486 : Proposed extension with linking bridge to patio. 14 Summerfield Close. APPROVED
PA19/04138 : Listed building consent to paint the house with Ivory Stone paint. 38 Cliff Street. APPROVED
PA19/02738 : Replacement roof covering and change of flat roof area to pitched roof. Cheesewarne Farmhouse Mevagissey, and associated Listed Building Consent PA19/02739. WITHDRAWN
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||666.74|
|HMRC (PAYE & NIC)||£||182.38|
|Operate Valley Road PC August 2019||£||978.54|
|Operate West Wharf PC August 2019||£||1,039.58|
|Extra attendance at West Wharf PC 20/07/19 – 10/08/19||£||690.00||(paid)|
|Coast Path 2nd cut||£||322.78||(paid)|
|Valley Road PC hygiene services September-December||£||201.16|
|West Wharf PC hygiene services September-December||£||245.73|
|W. Wharf PC July waste collections||£||74.93|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||73,617.51|
|Expenditure last month||£||3,788.93|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||69,828.58|
|Available to spend||£||69,828.58|
|Bank Statements (01/08/2019)|
- To receive an update on the proposed Community Land Trust and issues related to affordable housing (Cllr. Gann).
- To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences (Cllr. Facey).
- To consider providing support for the proposed Mevagissey Sea Shanty Festival in October.
- To consider how the Council can contribute to tackling the ‘climate emergency’.
- To consider a response to CC’s consultation on Street Trading Policy (deferred from last month).
- To consider requesting the removal of the pavement along the frontage of nos. 7-13 Fore Street (Cllr. Simpson).
- Date of next meeting: 19 September 2019.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.