Parish Council News St Just in Roseland Parish Council

St Just in Roseland Parish Council Minutes – May 2019

Minutes of the Meeting of St Just in Roseland Parish Council held in the Institute, St Just in Roseland on Tuesday 7th May 2019. The meeting commenced at 7.00pm.

 

Councillors Present: R Giles (Chairman), A. Chantrill, P Farmiloe, S Goldsmith, B Sadler, P. Salter, C Thornton-Parr, P Teague, K. Warren* and C Williams.

Also present: H. Couch (Clerk), J.Masters (Assistant Clerk) and 3 members of the public

  

  1. Election of Officers
  2. a) Chairman – Cllr Giles was proposed by Cllr Sadler and seconded by Cllr Salter.

All in favour by a show of hands.

 

  1. b) Vice Chairman – Cllr Salter was proposed by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Giles.

All in favour by a show of hands.

 

  1. c) Committee Representatives – See appendix 5 for new membership.

 

  1. To accept apologies for absence – Cllr Hall and Julian German CC

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:
  2. a) Disclosable Pecuniary Interest – None declared
  3. b) Non-Registerable Interest – None declared
  4. c) Of gifts to the value of more than £25 – None declared
  5. d) To consider requests for dispensation on items on the agenda – None declared

 

3a. Open Period – Public Participation

 

*Cllr Warren left the room

 

A resident from St Just in Roseland requested permission to sell summer clothing on Summers Beach and advice was provided.

 

*Cllr Warren returned to the room

 

A resident from St Mawes spoke of her concern regarding a few issues including seagulls. It was agreed that the Clerk would check our current signage and provide more if required plus include a future piece in the Roseland Magazine.

 

  1. Confirmation of the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 1st April 2019.

The Council RESOLVED, by a show of hands by those who had attended the said meeting, that the minutes of the 1st April 2019 meeting be approved by the Councillors who attended and they were duly signed by the Chairman.

 

The Clerk reported that David Dyer Memorials had been instructed to clean and reblack the letters on the Memorial Stone and this would be completed by the 4th June. A resident had brought in the Roseland Magazine from 25 years ago and this is the basis of the article which has been written for the June edition.

Cllr Teague also provided a verbal update.

 

  1. Report from the Clerk (Appendix 1) – A verbal report was given, this report will be circulated to Councillors with minutes.

 

  1. Report from Cornwall Councillor – Cllr German was unable to attend but confirmed if there were any issues please let him know.

 

  1. Report from Councillors as representatives of other Committees

None.

 

  1. Correspondence (information only – Appendix 2) – Noted

 

It was agreed that the Saint Mawes Pier and Harbour Company be given permission to erect two boards on the wall at Summers Beach with information indicating the designated swimming area and the boat access lane.

 

The date of the Cluster Meeting has been rearranged from Thursday 16th May at 2pm to Wednesday 26th June at 4pm. This was amended due to several councils unable to send representatives at that time.

 

The Clerk read a letter from the Parochial Church in connection with the toilet provision at St Just in Roseland. It was agreed to erect a sign at the St Just in Roseland Toilets to say disabled toilets open 24 hours a day in St Mawes.

 

  1. Planning (Appendix 3)
  2. a) Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Applications held on 1st April and 15th April

 

  • PA19/01623 & PA19/01624 – West Warren, 17 Lower Castle Road, St Mawes – No objection
  • PA19/01846 – High Corner, Place View Road, St Mawes – Objection
  • PA19/00830/PREAPP – Part Field number 2008, St just Lane – Objection
  • PA19/02812 – 2 Ropewalk, St Mawes – No objection
  • PA19/02634 – Lower Tregorland, St Just in Roseland – No objection
  • PA19/02304 – Onda, Victory Hill, St Mawes – No objection
  • PA19/02887 – Bransby Lodge, Upper Castle Road, St Mawes – No objection
  • PA19/02877 – Gwel Tag, Penrual Lane, St Mawes – objection

 

Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Local Council Protocol Letters

  • PA18/11106 – St Mawes Hotel, 2 Marine Parade, St Mawes – Request Cornwall Council committee consideration

 

b) Decisions of the Planning Authority

 

  • PA19/11656 – Land North of Lowen Meadow, Newton Road, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/00897 – Hir Kemmyns, Upper Castle Road, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/01404 – Haefen House, 1 Carrick Way, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/01640 – Jasmine Cottage, 5 Chapel Terrace, St Mawes- Withdrawn
  • PA19/01846 – High Corner, Place View Road, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA18/10650 – Land SW of Trewollack Vean, St Mawes – Withdrawn

 

 

  1. c) Enforcement cases

New cases raised :-

 

EN19/00583 – 8 Brooklyn Terrace, St Mawes – Alleged non-compliance with approved plans attached to Planning Approval no PA18/11032, namely the height and roofing materials of the approved summerhouse

 

EN19/00578 – Land South of Penrill – St Just in Roseland – Alleged non-compliance with condition 3 attached to Planning Approval no PA17/03802, namely compliance with the approved Construction Traffic Management Plan

 

EN19/00714 – Carwarthen Farm, St Just in Roseland – Alleged change for use for helicopter landing

 

Closed case:-

EN19/00386 – Land East of Lowen Meadow, Newton Road, St Mawes

EN19/00394 – Rising Sun Hotel, The Square, St Mawes

 

It was agreed to add the date sent to Cornwall Council be added to the spreadsheet held by the Clerk.

 

  1. d) To consider any planning correspondence

 

None.

 

  1. e) To discuss action after receiving no response from Cornwall Council

 

A discussion took place and it was agreed that the Clerk would contact Julian German CC to chase about

  • Response from our Planning Meeting in January with Cornwall Council
  • Report about receiving detailed information on enforcements being closed
  • Lowen Meadow – CEMP (Construction Environmental Management Plan)

 

10.Accounts and Finance (Appendix 4)

 

  1. a) The Council was asked to approve the following payments:

The Bacs were approved                                                                        £ 29,817.46

Payments for ratification                                                                                   £ 2,191.50

Direct Debits/Debit Card/ Standing Orders shown as paid in April                             £ 9,340.37

Salaries for April paid in April                                                                £ 3,367.20

Income shown as received during April                                                          £ 53,006.81

 

Approval of the payments of accounts was proposed by Cllr Sadler and seconded by Cllr Chantrill. All in favour by a show of hands. RESOLVED by the Council.

 

  1. b) The council noted the monthly Car Park income for April 2019
         Pay & Display Pay & Display Permits Permits Total
  Monthly Cumulative Monthly     Cumulative   Cumulative
Apr – 18 £13,831.35 £13,831.35 £18,846.00 £18,846.00 £32,677.35
Apr – 19 £17,344.10 £17,344.10 £33,122.00 £33,122.00 £50,466.10
  April 2019 comparable with 2018        
Up £3,512.75 £3,512.75 £14,276.00 £14,276.00 £17,788.75
Down          

This includes £4906.00 (gross) taken on card payments.

 

  1. c) To consider any recommendations relating to finance – none

 

  1. d) To consider any grant applications received – none received

 

  1. e) To note attendance of Hudson Accounting and Clerk update for end of Financial Year

The Clerk reported that Hudson Accounting had attended on the 2nd May and had signed the official AGAR document. Cllr Hall has also completed the internal audit checks. All documentation for year end is complete. The finance sub-committee will now meet on the 29th May before recommendation at the next full parish council meeting.

 

  1. Highways Issues

 

None.

 

  1. Environment

 

The assistant clerk gave a verbal update on our current findings for Electric Car Charging and will report back at a future meeting.

 

It was agreed that no smoking signs should be placed in the Bus Shelters following complaints.

 

It was reported that No dogs permitted at any time signs have been purchased to be placed at Sams Bank.

 

A discussion took place with regard to business and household rubbish being placed in our bins.It was agreed to see if our refurbished bins will make a difference.

 

  1. Public Spaces Protection Orders: Renewal of existing dogs on beaches restrictions

 

It was agreed we are happy with the current restrictions. It was felt that Tavern Beach should be on the list, Clerk to check.

 

  1. Grass Cutting/Weeds

The Clerk reported that our contractor for the weed spraying contract was encountering problems with our resolution of not using certain chemicals. Research is currently being carried out, as the options are very expensive and therefore causing a knock on effect with the Road Sweeping.

Cllr Sadler proposed “Glyphosate should be used for weed spraying for this year only” Seconded by Cllr Salter. Voting – 7 For, 2 Against and 1 Abstention. Clerk to contact Contractor.

After a discussion it was agreed for the Clerk to discuss with our contractor our grass cutting contract. It was suggested that an area between the donkey field and recreational ground should be cut back about 1 metre.

 

15.Policies, Constitutions and Procedures

The Clerk distributed the current Code of Conduct and asked Councillors to look at it before reviewed at the next full parish Council meeting.

The Clerk is also working on a review of the Freedom of Informaiton Policy that we have.

 

  1. Any Other Urgent Business

None raised.

 

  1. June agenda item
  • Seagull Proof Bags
  • Cornwall Council Planning Department

 

The next meeting will be held on Monday 3rd June 2019 at 7.00pm in the Millennium Rooms, St Mawes.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.00 pm

 

 

 

 

 

 

Signed as a true record……………………………………..Chairman Cllr. R. Giles

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a Comment