Parish Council News St Just in Roseland Parish Council

St Just in Roseland Parish Council Minutes – October 2019

Minutes of the Meeting of St Just in Roseland Parish Council held in the Millennium Rooms,

St Mawes on Monday 7th October 2019. The meeting commenced at 7.00pm.

 

Councillors Present: R Giles (Chairman), A. Chantrill, P Farmiloe, R. Hall, B Sadler, P. Salter, P Teague and K Warren.

Also present: H. Couch (Clerk), J.Masters (Assistant Clerk), Julian German CC, and 3 members of the public

     

  1. To accept apologies for absence – Cllrs Goldsmith and Williams

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:
  2. a) Disclosable Pecuniary Interest – None declared
  3. b) Non-Registerable Interest – None declared
  4. c) Of gifts to the value of more than £25 – None declared
  5. d) To consider requests for dispensation on items on the agenda – None declared

 

  1. Open Period – Public Participation

A resident raised concern over the speed of traffic through Trethewell and damage being caused to the property. Cllr German agreed that he would request a visit from a Highways engineer. Cllr Giles agreed to attend when a date has been agreed.

Cllr German agreed to check the current position about the advisory letter that Cornwall Council sent about South West Water’s overgrown area by Upper Castle.

It was reported that the Larkfield Rise Hedge and overhanging trees on Mill Hill are causing concern and Cllr German agreed to report to Cornwall Council.

 

  1. Confirmation of the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 2nd September 2019.

The Council RESOLVED, by a show of hands by those who had attended the said meeting, that the minutes of the 2nd September 2019 meeting be approved, with one amendment of 9f – the voting was amended to 9 in favour, 1 against by the Councillors who attended and they were duly signed by the Chairman.

 

Matters arising – It was reported that the Roots to Wander grant application has been withdrawn.

 

  1. Report from the Clerk (Appendix 1) – A verbal report was given, this report will be circulated to Councillors with minutes.

 

  1. Report from Cornwall Councillor – A verbal report was given which included an update that Cornwall Council are currently making prosecutions to businesses for business waste being put into commercial waste.

 

  1. Report from Councillors as representatives of other Committees
  • Cllr Williams – St Just and St Mawes Heritage Group – All Councillors invited to the Celebratory event on Monday 21st October at 2.00pm.

 

  1. Correspondence (information only – Appendix 2) – Noted

It was agreed that the Roseland Gig Club should be given permission to park their gig in the bottom two spaces in the central section of the car park.

The Clerk updated that the Notice of Vacancy for a Parish Councillor in the St Mawes Ward has been advertised from today, if fewer than 10 representations are made for a written election by the 25th October then we will be to fill the vacancy by co-option.

 

  1. Planning (Appendix 3)
  2. a) Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Applications
  • PA19/06783 – 5 Sea View Crescent, St Mawes – No objection
  • PA19/07018 – The Lodge, 29 Tredenham Road, St Mawes – No objection
  • PA19/07565 – River in Roseland, 27 Tredenham Road, St Mawes – No action required
  • PA19/06070 – Sea Lanes, Penruan Lane, St Mawes – No objection
  • PA19/07456 – Long Commons, Upper Castle Road, St Mawes – No objection

 

Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Local Council Protocol Letters

  • PA19/05774 –Braes, Newton Road, St Mawes – submitted proposal back to Cornwall Council

 

b) Decisions of the Planning Authority

  • PA19/05474 – The Rising Sun Hotel, The Square, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/06456 – Fairwinds, 3 Pedn Moran, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/03085 – St Mawes Church, Church Hill, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/05998 – Tresulian, Riveria Lane, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/02030/PREAPP – Land East of Trevennel Old Cottage, St Just in Roseland – Closed – advice given
  • PA19/06783 – 5 Sea View Crescent, St Mawes – Approved
  • PA19/07018 – The Lodge, 29 Tredenham Road, St Mawes – Approved

 

  1. c) Enforcement cases

The Clerk updated that she is continuing discussions with Cornwall Council.

 

  1. d) To consider any planning correspondence

None.

 

  1. e) Roseland Cluster Meeting

A discussion took place regarding the meeting on the 17th September and the forthcoming meeting with Planning Officers from Cornwall Council on the 22nd October at 2pm.

 

  1. Accounts and Finance (Appendix 4)
  2. a) The Council was asked to approve the following payments:

The Bacs were approved                                                                                            £ 26,357.46

Payments for ratification                                                                                                          £       0.00

Direct Debits/Debit Card/ Standing Orders shown as paid in September                                 £  3,949.76

Salaries for September                                                                                             £ 3,796.04

Income shown as received during September                                                                         £ 43,129.84

 

Approval of the payments of accounts was proposed by Cllr Salter and seconded by Cllr Sadler. All in favour by a show of hands. RESOLVED by the Council.

 

  1. b) The council noted the monthly Car Park income for September 2019
           Pay & Display Pay & Display Permits Permits Total
Monthly Cumulative Monthly     Cumulative   Cumulative
Sept – 18 25,197.80 157,922.10 0 26,228.00 184,150.10
Sept – 19 26,278.75 157,103.00 125.00 36,162.00 193,265.00
Sept 2019 comparable with 2018
Up 1080.95 125.00 9934.00 9114.90
Down -819.10

This includes £9,779.50 (gross) taken on card payments.

 

  1. c) Annual Governance and Accounting Return

The Annual Governance and Accounting Return 2018/2019 was noted. The completion of audit has been published.

 

  1. d) To consider any recommendations relating to finance

None

 

  1. d) To consider any grant applications received

None.

 

  1. Highways
  2. a) Resurfacing

The Clerk and Cllrs Giles, Salter, Teague and Warren met with representatives from Cormac and Cornwall Council and agreed a way forward for the forthcoming road resurfacing. The Clerk will now begin to inform residents, businesses and visitor to the area by way of social media, Roseland Magazine and letters. The Road Closure will take place over 6 nights starting on Monday 4th November (weather permitting) until Thursday 7th November and then again on Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th November. The works will be carried out between the hours of 19.30 – 22.30 and 23.00 – 05.00. This gives a half hour slot to enable traffic to pass.

 

  1. b) Community Speedwatch

The Clerk reported that 4 representatives plus Assistant Clerk and herself have been fully trained and that the Police would accompany for the first few sessions.

 

  1. c) 15 Minute Parking Bay

After a discussion it was agreed that this would be considered with a future traffic parking order.

  1. d) Any other issues

None

 

  1. Environment
  2. a) Beach Dog Control – Current consultation

After a discussion it was agreed that the Clerk complete stating we are happy with current arrangements.

 

  1. b) Community Environmental Nuisance

The Clerk updated that the Assistant Clerk and herself have completed training for completing an incident report card relating to dog fouling, littering and flytipping. This training can be cascaded to Parish Councillors.

 

  1. c) Damage to St Just Toilets

The Clerk updated that criminal damage has been caused to the St Just Toilets and this has been reported to the Police. Cllr Giles has completed the repairs, to ensure that the building is safe.

 

  1. d) Damage to Palm Tree outside the Roseland Visitor Centre

The Clerk updated that the Palm Tree outside the Roseland Visitor Centre has been damaged on Saturday 28th September. Damage was also done to Bohella Bar and this is being pursued by them. After a discussion it was agreed that the tree should be removed and a donation towards the herb garden should be sought from the person involved.

 

  1. e) Environment Sub committee

The assistant clerk updated that no response has been received about the electric car charging proposition and that no further environment meeting has taken place.

 

  1. f) Any other issues

The Clerk reported that work is taking place regarding the cleaning contract and a finance sub committee meeting will be called shortly.

 

  1. Future Meeting Dates

After discussion it was agreed that Carols in the Castle will be held on Saturday 21st December, the Clerk was requested to start preparations. It was agreed to discuss the Charity next month.

 

  1. Any Other Urgent Business

Concern was raised over the first responders role in the parish and Cllr German agreed to investigate and report back to the next meeting.

 

  1. Next agenda item

None

 

After a short discussion it was agreed for the next meeting to be held on Monday 4th November 2019 at 5.00pm in Millennium Rooms, St Mawes, to allow for the resurfacing works.

 

 

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.20pm

 

 

 

 

 

Signed as a true record……………………………………..Chairman Cllr. R Giles

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a Comment