MEVAGISSEY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman Clerk to the Council
Mr M Roberts Mr P Howson
Tregoney Hill School Hill
PL26 6RF PL26 6TH
01726 842267 07570 832669
To all members of the Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
You are summoned to attend the next meeting.
It will be held at the Mevagissey Activity Centre on Thursday 16 August 2018 starting at 7pm.
The order of business is given below.
Clerk to the Council
- To receive Apologies.
- To receive Declarations of Interest and Gifts.
- Presentation by Mr Robert Wilson of proposals to develop land on Chapel Point Lane north-west of Long Point.
- Public participation.
- To accept the minutes of the meeting held on 19 July 2018.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To receive the Ward Member’s report.
- To receive correspondence.
- To consider Planning Applications.
9a. PA18/05405 : Extension at first floor level to front and rear and a change of roof (amended plans). Curlews Penwarne Lane Mevagissey PL26 6PF
9b. PA18/06230 : Proposed conservatory to the side of the dwelling. 3 Portmellon Park Mevagissey St Austell Cornwall PL26 6XD
9c. PA18/06597 : Installation of a garden annex. The Headlands School Hill Mevagissey PL26 6TH
9d. PA18/06753 : Demolition and Proposed replacement dwelling. 29 The Cliff Mevagissey PL26 6QT
9e. PA18/06586 : Outline application with some matters reserved for erection of one detached house and one bungalow fit for a person with disability. Park Cottage Portmellon Mevagissey PL26 6PL
9f. PA18/06592 : Change of use from Car Park to mixed use to provide car parking, onsite food and takeaway outlet, a kayak/paddle board store – hire and retail sales, a public disabled unisex wc with shower and changing facilities, boat storage during winter months and motor home parking and associated facilities during summer months. Car Park Adj To The Rising Sun Inn Portmellon Mevagissey Cornwall PL26 6PL
9g. Appeal against Refusal: PA17/02255 : Proposed Dormer Bungalow on land between 33 and 37 Pentillie Way. Open Space Pentillie Mevagissey Cornwall. Consideration of a further submission to the Planning Inspectorate.
9h. PA18/06484 : Demolition of existing flat roof garage and construction of four bedroom dwelling. Land East Of Seaforth Trevarth Mevagissey Cornwall PL26 6RY
9i. The following planning decisions have been received (included for information only):
PA18/05711 : Non-material amendment to reduce roof pitch. Pondokie School Hill. Not acceptable as amendment.
PA18/06448 : Change existing sloping velux windows to a hipped dormer. Linden Lea Tregoney Hill. Approved.
PA18/05280 : Proposed improvements to include replacement porch, two new windows, French doors, glazed roof and door to rear store and passage and Marley Cedral Lap cladding. 5A Church Lane. Approved.
- To approve the monthly finances.
|Bills to Pay||Salaries||£||666.74|
|HMRC (PAYE & NIC)||£||184.72|
|Valley Road PC water 29/06/18 – 30/07/18||£||303.51|
|West Wharf PC water 29/06/18 – 30/07/18||£||849.65|
|Operate Valley Road PC July 2018||£||978.54|
|Operate West Wharf PC July 2018||£||1,039.58|
|West Wharf PC wall repair||£||1,820.00|
|Valley Road PC hygiene services||£||193.44|
|West Wharf PC hygiene services||£||263.65|
|Coast path 3rd cut||£||320.42|
|LMP 1st cut||£||405.88|
|Supply and installation of 4 x village maps||£||870.00|
|External audit of 2017/18 accounts||£||360.00|
|West Wharf PC waste collection||£||69.60|
|Accounts||Amount available to spend as of last meeting||£||61,917.48|
|Expenditure last month||£||6,176.80|
|plus St Peter’s memorial bench (grant)||£||929.40|
|Cleared cheque to ICO (adjustment)||£||40.00|
|From West Wharf PC coin boxes||£||1,800.00||Received|
|Insurance settlement for West Wharf PC wall repair||£||1,820.00||Received|
|Balance (money in bank)||£||58,391.28|
|Available to spend||£||58,391.28|
|Bank Statements (01/08/2018)|
- To consider current affordable housing issues within the Parish.
- To review issues arising from the operation of the public conveniences (Cllr. Facey).
- To receive an update on the village signage initiative (Cllr. Blackmore).
- To review the Council’s agreed donation to St Peter’s Church for the memorial bench.
- To consider whether the scale of local advertising for boat trips is within acceptable limits (Cllr. Nathan).
- Proposal to form a group to investigate the use of a Community Land Trust for affordable homes (Cllr. Gann).
- To consider supporting the North Coast Cluster Group in their concerns regarding the over-supply of affordable housing on rural exception sites (Cllr. Whatty).
- Date of next meeting: 20 September 2018.
NOTE: The meeting will include an opportunity for members of the public to make representations and give evidence on any item appearing on this agenda. No member of the public may speak for longer than three minutes. The meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public. Please be aware that whilst every effort is taken to ensure that members of the public are not filmed, we cannot guarantee this, especially if you are speaking or taking an active role.