Minutes of the Meeting of St Just in Roseland Parish Council held in the Millennium Rooms,
St Mawes on Monday 4th March 2019. The meeting commenced at 7.00pm.
Councillors Present: R Giles (Vice – Chairman), A. Chantrill, P Farmiloe, S Goldsmith, P. Salter, C Thornton-Parr, P Teague, K. Warren and C Williams.
Also present: H. Couch (Clerk), Julian German CC*, and 3 members of the public
- To accept apologies for absence – Cllr B. Sadler (Chairman), Cllr R. Hall
- Declaration of Interest:
- a) Disclosable Pecuniary Interest – None declared
- b) Non-Registerable Interest – None declared
- c) Of gifts to the value of more than £25 – None declared
- d) To consider requests for dispensation on items on the agenda – None declared
- Open Period – Public Participation
None raised but it was agreed by a show of hands that Item 14 will be brought forward to follow Item 8.
- Confirmation of the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 4th February 2019.
The Council RESOLVED, by a show of hands by those who had attended the said meeting, that the minutes of the 4th February 2019 meeting be approved, and they were duly signed by the Chairman.
Matters Arising: –
- Buckeys Lane – The Clerk read out the response from Cornwall Council explaining why additional No Entry signs could not be added
- Bohella Road – Work has been carried out as requested
- St Just in Roseland Playground Hedges – Work has been completed as requested
- Report from the Clerk (Appendix 1) – A verbal report was given, this report will be circulated to Councillors with minutes.
- Report from Cornwall Councillor – A verbal report was given which included information about
Social Housing. A question was raised about current rent charges and this will be forwarded. Cllr German agreed to respond about a question regarding possible health issues being connected with 5G. A question was raised with regard to the conditions on the Lowen Meadow Planning Application, the Clerk to send the agreed conditions to all Councillors.
Cllr German apologised that he would be leaving after item 9 due to other commitments.
- Report from Councillors as representatives of other Committees
- Cllr Teague – St Just Institute
- Cllr Teague – St Just Recreational Ground
- Cllr Warren – Roseland Activity Centre Association
- Cllr Giles – Roseland Community Land Trust
- Correspondence (information only – Appendix 2) – Noted
- St Just in Roseland Toilets
Cllr Warren updated on the meeting that was held on Wednesday 27th February between representatives from Cornwall Council, St Just in Roseland Parochial Church and the Parish Council.
Several options were discussed and dismissed as there was no funding available. There is not a legal requirement for us to provide disabled toilets in our block and there is a disabled toilet in the church. The septic tank has been emptied and has been given a clean bill of health for another 18 months. The length of lease would be checked by Cornwall Council.
The discussion focused on access to a disabled toilet, it was highlighted in discussion that the current facilities were being maintained and these provided a 24 hour cover for others.
With a show of hands it was agreed that the 2 Members of Public could speak. Standing Orders were stopped.
Concern was raised why the current planning permission for the café does not include 24 Hour access to their disabled toilet. It was agreed that the Clerk would contact the Parochial Church to raise this question and also enquire about the access to the disabled toilet in the Church.
Standing Orders resumed
- Planning (Appendix 3)
- a) Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Applications
54) PA18/11656 – Land North of Lowen Meadow, Newton Road, St Mawes – Siting of a boat/trailer storage container – Objection
55) PA19/00567 – Little Polvarth, Polvarth Road, St Mawes – Garage conversion – Support
- b) Decisions of Planning Sub Committee for Local Council Protocol Letters
53) PA18/10138 – Land South of Wild Willow Cottage, Upper Castle Road, St Mawes – proposed demolition of existing residential store/workshop and construction of detached annexe – agree to disagree
c) Decisions of the Planning Authority
47) PA18/11285 – Tidelines Upper Castle Road, St Mawes – Approved
48) PA18/11571 – River in Roseland, Tredenham Road, St Mawes – Approved
49) PA18/11794 – Lamorran House, Upper Castle Road, St Mawes – Approved
51) PA19/00070 – Lower Tregorland, St Just in Roseland – Approved
52) PA19/00028 – Freshwater Vean, Freshwater Lane, St Mawes – Approved
- d) Enforcement cases
The Clerk provided an update about all Enforcement Cases.
After a discussion it was agreed that the Clerk would :-
- EN18/00794 – resubmit this enforcement case
- EN18/00209 – resubmit this enforcement case
- EN18/01694 – request a full response
- e) Planning correspondence
PA18/05443 – Land Adj to Green Waters, Freshwater Lane, St Mawes – Appeal has been made
*Cllr German left the meeting.
- Accounts and Finance (Appendix 4)
- a) The Council was asked to approve the following payments:
The Bacs were approved £ 10,544.74
Payments for ratification £ 80.00
Direct Debits/Debit Card/ Standing Orders shown as paid in February £ 1,504.27
Salaries for February paid in February £ 2,659.75
Income shown as received during February £ 16,462.29
Approval of the payments of accounts was proposed by Cllr Salter and seconded by Cllr Williams. All in favour by a show of hands. RESOLVED by the Council.
- b) The council noted the monthly Car Park income for February 2019
|Pay & Display||Pay & Display||Permits||Permits||Total|
|Feb – 18||£3,343.40||£186,717.35||0.00||£29,898.00||£216,615.35|
|Feb – 19||£3,466.60||£183,253.44||0.00||£28,628.00||£211,881.44|
|Feb 2019 comparable with 2018|
This includes £668.50 (gross) taken on card payments.
- c) To receive Finance Report – noted, only one recommendation for staffing matters
- d) To consider any recommendations relating to finance – none
- e) To consider any grant applications received
Cllr Giles proposed that the St Mawes Harbour Lights Committee be given a grant of £350.00. Seconded by Cllr Chantrill. All in favour by a show of hands.
- Car Parks
No issues raised.
- Highways Issues
No issues raised.
Cllrs Teague and Warren had walked to the area of concern by St Just in Roseland Church and provided photographs. It was agreed that the Clerk should contact the Church gardener to ask for advice.
The Clerk updated that a fir tree had fallen down on the path between St Just in Roseland and Messack. Our contractor sorted this out and this charge should be passed onto the owners.
Cllr Giles updated that there was work required at the bridge by the recreational ground in St Mawes as is rotting away. This was agreed by a show of hands.
The footpath managed by the National Trust between St Mawes and St Just in Roseland has rubble dumped, clerk to contact them.
The meeting will be held before the next Parish Council meeting.
- Roseland Activity Centre Association
Following a discussion, Cllr Goldsmith proposed that a letter of support, for an early consideration by the Charity Commission of their application, be sent for the Roseland Activity Centre Association. Seconded Cllr Farmiloe. All in favour by a show of hands. RESOLVED by the Council.
- Polling District and Polling Places Review
After a short discussion, the Clerk was asked to respond to the review confirming that we are happy with the current arrangements for our parish.
The Clerk clarified the wording regarding to requesting a recorded vote.
Cllr Chantrill proposed to adopt the revised Standing Orders, seconded by Cllr Williams. All in favour by a show of hands. RESOLVED by the Council.
- Financial Regulations
The Financial Regulations have been reviewed by the Finance Committee and recommend adoption in April 2019.
- Any Other Urgent Business
Cllr Chantrill requested a Tree Preservation Order be requested for our Commemmorative Tree in St Mawes.
Cllr Chantrill reported that he had not received a response from the Planning Officer which was raised at the Cluster Meeting, Clerk asked to send a reminder.
- April agenda item
- Financial Regulations
The next meeting will be held on Monday 1st April 2019 at 7.00pm in The Millennium Rooms
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.43 pm
Signed as a true record……………………………………..Chairman Cllr. B Sadler